PDA

View Full Version : a-arms and rims

bonds0033
10-07-2002, 08:11 PM
alright i got a a-arm that is pretty bent up i wanted to know how weak is it if u just straighten it or reinforce it or would it b less hassle to just buy new or used??? and also my buddy has the lip part pushed back and does anyone know how u can straighten it or just junk it?? thanks for any advice
RoB

Booch
10-07-2002, 08:18 PM
The after market a arms are not very easy to bend back with out further damaging them. This past weekend a guy was there that bent his back and broke it pretty bad in his first moto!!!!

toby400ex
10-07-2002, 08:18 PM
most of the time stock a arms are pretty cheap, and bending the metal back will obviously make it a bit weaker and i dont think you want that hovering over your head when you do a jump, now do you.

bonds0033
10-07-2002, 08:23 PM
yeha u r defintely right but i don't really jump anything 2 big there isn't a big track in my area and they r stock a-arms and if anyone has a upper right one i love 2 buy it?? c that is what u have 2 do when u hit a deer going about 75 but yeah i also need a rim and front fenders if anyone gots any. but thanks l8her
RoB

toby400ex
10-07-2002, 08:37 PM
hey i might have that arm that u neeand i have some parts of front fenders, like hood tank cover and sides that are race cut but they are a bit cracked so i dont think you would want the sides. the a arm doesnt have bushing but if yours are good you should be ok just pm me if you are interested im sure i could give them too you cheap if you pay shipping. sorry that may have been one of the arms i cut the ball joints off of when i was tryin to make a bumper but ill make sure later.

bonds0033
10-10-2002, 08:00 PM
yeah man that woudl b great if i could get one off you i need it bad i got races i wanna go 2 and i need it but send me some more info so we can close this deal if u have it