PDA

View Full Version : Weird Problem?! need help!

400ex_rider13
03-27-2007, 05:01 PM
hey, i have a 04 400ex and hav noticed when i turn left my left rim hits the edge of the lower a-arm, but i turn right my right rim doesnt hit the a-arm it stops where it should, i just put a new steering stem in so that cant be the problem, my toe-in is perfect, my tie pods are straight and are the same, ive switched rims to make sure my left rim isnt bent, but it still does the same thing, could it be my spindle or maybe my left a-arms are bent and causing problem, i need some help please!!!:huh :confused:

jason43050
03-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by 400ex_rider13
hey, i have a 04 400ex and hav noticed when i turn left my left rim hits the edge of the lower a-arm, but i turn right my right rim doesnt hit the a-arm it stops where it should, i just put a new steering stem in so that cant be the problem, my toe-in is perfect, my tie pods are straight and are the same, ive switched rims to make sure my left rim isnt bent, but it still does the same thing, could it be my spindle or maybe my left a-arms are bent and causing problem, i need some help please!!!:huh :confused:
have you ever hit something on your left side? tree pole ect. does your a arm look bent? how about your tie rod? maybe a ball joint?just throwig ideas out there

Ruby Soho
03-27-2007, 06:50 PM
nerfs on crooked?:p

kjbula
03-27-2007, 09:04 PM
It could be your steering stem. Check below the part of the stem at the bottom where the tie rods attach to. There is a stop on the stem and a stop on the frame to keep you from turning to far. the steering stem may need just a lil' more material welded on to stop it before your tire hits your arm. My leager steering stem did this and i just put a small bead on it and now my tires don't rub.

400ex_rider13
03-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
nerfs on crooked?:p

your kinding right?!:ermm: