PDA

View Full Version : replacing rekluse.....i have problem

xcracer416
03-27-2007, 11:33 AM
ive had the rekluse since the quad was new 2005 yfz. i race xc with it, never really liked the rekluse so i decided to make it back to factory cable pull. ive put clucth kits in my 250r and 400ex before so its nothing new to me.
my problem is i put all of the friction plate and steel plates with heavy duty springs in it, now the clucth rod wont even touch the pressure plate when i have the clutch pulled all the way in.
ive looked for extra shims and and even if the ball was in there. i cant find anything that would cause this problem. i went to rekluses web site and looked at there manual to install it. i went in reverse order taking it out and installing my factory set up.
what can i look for that i havent metioned. i have a new clutch cable, factory perch, new dp kit (w/ heavy duty springs) factory pressure plate.

TWILES
03-27-2007, 12:29 PM
I thought the YFZ had a spacer that went between the pin and pressure plate like a little circle bearing. Is that what you are missing? You can go to the Yamaha site and see their part fiche. That might show you something you forgot.

xcracer416
03-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by TWILES
I thought the YFZ had a spacer that went between the pin and pressure plate like a little circle bearing. Is that what you are missing? You can go to the Yamaha site and see their part fiche. That might show you something you forgot.

Well i went back to the rekluse manual and noticed i missed a step. they actually have a spacer ball the goes in between my stock ball and my throw out shaft that touches my pressure plate. im gonna look tonight and see what all is in there and to make sure everything is in my clutch shaft thats supposed to.

xcracer416
03-28-2007, 01:23 PM
i looked at it again last night, i printed out a parts schematic off of yamaha web site. everything is in the clutch system that was stock but im still not getting any clutch movement. i need some help guys

d kelley
03-28-2007, 05:49 PM
Make sure you replaced the rekluse throw out bearing with the stock yamaha throw out bearing. The yamaha throw out has a solid shaft on the bottom, the rekluse throw out has a hollow throw out shaft.

xcracer416
03-30-2007, 07:49 AM
well guys thanks for yalls advice. i went by the stealership with it and they went out there and put the pressure plate in the right way. guess i didnt have the majic touch. he wiggled it a little and it went right in.