PDA

View Full Version : "Vito's 240 kit"?

lukesyfs200
03-27-2007, 08:45 AM
ive been looking at this kit on project blaster, here's what it says:

Vito's Big Bore Cylinder and Head 240cc Kit: This is a cylinder and head with mild porting (triple exhaust ports and four intake ports), cast aluminum Super Stock Power Piston, rings, pin, circlip, wrist pin bearing, and top end gaskets.

Im just wondering how reliable this kit is? And would i need to upgrade my carb if i got this kit? Thanks
:)

custom racing
03-27-2007, 11:00 AM
i was looking at geting a vitos 240 kit for my blaster and everybody was telling me that you should get ct or trenga. they make the best 240 kits you can find.

lukesyfs200
03-27-2007, 11:04 AM
ya, i know, but i dont feel like throwing down 800 some dollars...

StupidHurts
04-09-2007, 05:50 PM
My brothers blaster had the Vitos 240 kit and it f***in ripped!! I bet if you got a bigger carb and the stroker crank for the 240 kit it would be sick fast.... nothing like my old 250r but it was fast for a blaster....
Good luck

#22blaster240
04-10-2007, 03:14 PM
I have the ct kit and its awesome, they have to be run on 110 octane gas though. If you are racing get the ct but for trails the vitos should be just fine.

flint250trx
04-13-2007, 02:51 PM
my buddy had a vitos kit witha 3mil stroker and vforce 3 reed and it blew up 3 tims on him. they are incredibly unreliable.my blaster walked allover it. i have heard that the stock porting on them is junk. it flet verry underpoweredhad alot of topend but no snap or torque at all. i would go with the ct kit or look into the project blaster phantom kits.

hope this helps

josh

lukesyfs200
04-13-2007, 02:54 PM
wow, there must be something wrong there then...

blasterfreak99
04-13-2007, 03:33 PM
if you have the money id say go for the 240 firebreather kits from www.projectblaster.com. i have it and the 3 mm stroker crank and this thing rips! its like nothing else ive ever ridden before (cr125 was the second fastest thing ive ridden). however you would have to run race gas

R3b3lx
04-25-2007, 09:20 PM
i wouldnt spend a dime with PB, there stuff is nothing but restickered parts from every other manufacturer out there. 99% of the time they dont have what you order in stock. so if waiting over a month for parts to ride again is your bag...have at it.

blasterfreak99
04-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by R3b3lx
i wouldnt spend a dime with PB, there stuff is nothing but restickered parts from every other manufacturer out there. 99% of the time they dont have what you order in stock. so if waiting over a month for parts to ride again is your bag...have at it.

maybe cause its so good that they cant keep it in stock:p and how would you know if its restricted? do you have the specs on THEIR cylinders? didnt think so. their cylinders are their own with airsal (which is also a distributor of factory 7) casting on the side of them.

R3b3lx
04-26-2007, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by blasterfreak99
maybe cause its so good that they cant keep it in stock:p and how would you know if its restricted? do you have the specs on THEIR cylinders? didnt think so. their cylinders are their own with airsal (which is also a distributor of factory 7) casting on the side of them.
boy are you sadly misinformed
1: airsal is MANUFACTURER of cylinders. PB buys them from airsal...thats as far as that relationship goes.
2: i didnt say restricted...i said restickered. go on ct's site, same exact pictures and specs as on PB's site. and ct's been around selling these alot longer that PB, phantom, or factory 7, or whatever they call themselves these days.
3: go to airsals website...youll see everything there
4: there is NO casting on the side that says facory 7...its a sticker. its located the same place they had the phantom sicker.
if you remotely think that little tiny vcatv has a airsal cylinders as a subsidary, wow, you really need to research a bit before posting.

pbblaster2
04-28-2007, 07:48 PM
hetrick racing's port and polish on a stock blaster cylander and have the head shaved will smoke any 240 kit just an opinon but i have rode one of hetricks bikes and has the ct 240 kit

C-LEIGH RACING
04-30-2007, 11:02 AM
Settle down kids, get your facts straight first.
Neil

Kendall33
04-30-2007, 04:52 PM
I had the fastest 200cc airsal cylinder ever built....built by Bud Fischer you can't argue with that :blah: lol jk;) and then we got the CT 200cc cylinder built by my local Yamaha dealership owner Bud Bieschkie and it was faster(still is) so we'll just leave it at that if you want the fastest...buy mine!! it's still for sale:blah: ;)

C-LEIGH RACING
05-01-2007, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Kendall33
I had the fastest 200cc airsal cylinder ever built....built by Bud Fischer you can't argue with that :blah: lol jk;) and then we got the CT 200cc cylinder built by my local Yamaha dealership owner Bud Bieschkie and it was faster(still is) so we'll just leave it at that if you want the fastest...buy mine!! it's still for sale:blah: ;)

I know your right about that, but one thing that needs to be added to this, that Kendall boy can ride.

You combine the CT cylinder & Kendalls ability on a lil ol blaster, he could make many a 450 4 stroke owner sick after all the money they spent to get that 4 stroke engine to realy run like its suppost to & then that blaster go pass them.

Speed is, 95% rider 5% horsepower.
You could have the biggest engine you could put in a frame & if you dont have the abilitys, it aint going to the front.
Neil

pbblaster2
05-01-2007, 01:13 PM
very true

blasterfreak99
05-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by R3b3lx
boy are you sadly misinformed
1: airsal is MANUFACTURER of cylinders. PB buys them from airsal...thats as far as that relationship goes.
2: i didnt say restricted...i said restickered. go on ct's site, same exact pictures and specs as on PB's site. and ct's been around selling these alot longer that PB, phantom, or factory 7, or whatever they call themselves these days.
3: go to airsals website...youll see everything there
4: there is NO casting on the side that says facory 7...its a sticker. its located the same place they had the phantom sicker.
if you remotely think that little tiny vcatv has a airsal cylinders as a subsidary, wow, you really need to research a bit before posting.

i was only talking about the airsal kits and i meant to say that they are airsals cylinders. but they are business partners so its kinda like their own. and that was my bad i thought you meant restricted:o plus i didnt say (nor was i thinking) anything about vcatv because i dont know much about them or their products.