PDA

View Full Version : in disbelief and dissipointed

Rootar
03-26-2007, 09:50 PM
i dunno what is up, this winter i rode an arenacross a xc race and then rode my ramp all winter on my hybrid dailing in some tricks and finding the weak points of my quad, i got quite a few decent (atleast i think) tricks such as indian airs, barhops, and ofcourse all the basics like supermans and no footed cans and heelclickers,i havent rode my ramp since TQRA seson started to try and save myself for racing and not get hurt since its my first year and i wanted to give it a good go and see how much i could progress and learn out on the track, and now we have like a month break between races and im itching to go freestyling since its warming up and running laps around the track isnt as much fun when your on the same old track that you have mastered. the past couple times ive been out riding my brother was with me so i was jumping his 400 which is basically almost a copy of my old 400 as far as how it feels. and since he was learning and jumping the ramp for the first times it was moved up way close. now he was sick today and his front wheel bearings went out so i take my hybrid over to get so practice in and was hoping to try some new tricks after i did all mine agian since the end of febuary. well i come to find out how big of a freaking difference bars have on your tricks i was nailing sweet supermans at 30 feet on his 400 and i could hardly get a sloppy one at 50 on my hybrid and i could figure out why in the world i was hitting the fenders going in to my tricks and i remebered that i had switched bars at the begining of race season to a cr mid (only 2 1/2 inches of rise and 32 inches wide) on my +0 houser stem and i went and looked at my good pics ive been saving up and i noticed how my atv universal bends (30.5 inches wide and 5 inches of rise) were so much higher and could only think thats the only thing thats changed and i didnt forget my tricks because i can do them on my brothers 400 which has really tall bars on a stock stem, i ordered a new set of atv universal bends and im hoping itll get me out of this funk im in with my hybrid i never noticed the bars being so different on the track be cause im always low on the quad hunching in corners and whipping it over jumps sucking the seat up to my but and now i cant get over the seat or fenders with them, here is a pic of what im talking about my feet hitting the fenders, my brother snapped a really good pic on my feet on one where i couldnt get them over, and when i did every thing was so sloppy over a hundred hits and no clean tricks jsut really doesnt go for a good day not to mention i broke my frame yet agian other than i saved it midair once from what would have been a painful wreck. ok im done ranting i jsut dont see how my bars would have such an effect.

pharit
03-27-2007, 01:35 AM
yes tall bars are the way to go.....i'm ordering tag t-2 fat bars double cr high bend...

QuadR8cer12
03-27-2007, 08:45 PM
I have some new pro taper CR hi bends that i dont want. I have never used them, i just got them a week ago fo rmy race bike and i didnt mean to order cr hi. if you wanna buy me some pro tapers with tag grips on them and we will swap out that would be pretty sweet?

Rootar
03-27-2007, 11:53 PM
haha na austin my new bars with 5 inches of rise will be here tomorrow and dude i put 450r rear fenders on mine instead of cutting grab holes :o i know im lazy and jared gave me a set of his 450r fenders he was about to throw away so i fabed up some brackets and trimmed them up and they fit nice. on an extra good note if you look in that picture where my feet are hitting i measured from there to the ground and it was 24 inches after i put the 450r fenders on there i measured the same spot and it was only 19 inches :D :D :D i got plenty of room now. i wish i wasnt leaving for dalllas tomorrow but i have to go talk with one of my sponsers and show him what ive been up to, and fill him in on the jobs i got him in the last month.

check the hybrid section, im putting some pics of my fender setup in there. i think it looks ok. just wish the seat lined up a little better but its close enough