PDA

View Full Version : ltr 450

thor_racing123
03-26-2007, 09:09 PM
Hi everyone. I'm interested in buy a ltr 450 this fall, and am wondering if this is as good of a quad as people say it is. How will it compare to a yfz 450 in power? Will it beat it drag racing? I don't drag race, I'm just curious because a friend of mine is getting a yfz 450 and I won't hear the end of it if his beats mine. Where is most of the power at(down low or top end). Is it a quad I can ride trails with and not have any problems? Is ground clearance and issue when riding off rode or in deep ruts? Does it have more ground clearance than a yfz 450? What are some things I can do to improve power? Is it any good for climbing hills? This is my first post and I'm just looking for your guy's opinions, good or bad. Thanks

danLTR450
03-27-2007, 02:32 PM
It's an awesome quad, as for power there pretty much even (once you put a cherry or PIM on). The Yamaha (to me) has more bottom end grunt. But the LTR has more up top. In a drag your going to loose unless your uncorked.

Haven't had mine on too many trails so I can't help there.

Uncork it for POWER. :)

And do somemore reading.:devil:

suzukiray
03-27-2007, 10:29 PM
Mine does great in the trails but you have to make some changes. First, pull out the spark arrester & air box lid & add a Cherry Bomb. Second, change the front sprocket to 13 tooth. Third, put 20inch tall tires on the rear. Fourth, Get a good swingarm skid plate because the stock parts are garbage! Bottom end is lacking but midrange & topend are good & the bottom end can be fixed with more compression. Stock for stock the LTR has WAY better suspension. Good luck, Ray.