PDA

View Full Version : 400ex rear shock

400exrapes
03-26-2007, 06:28 PM
I didnt know this but I read that the rear shock on the 400ex's was made by pro link and the linkage was made by showa, that must be why my rear shock is so much nicer then the fronts.

HurleyBraaap
03-26-2007, 07:27 PM
weel yeah odviously the rear is better then front ..not being a jerk but if you looked hard enough you can clearly see that there is a shock gas resavor in near the back shock..and the front shox arent gas at all unless you put the 450r shox on there or som aftermarket shock on there but if the suspention is all stock the front shox shouldnt be as good as the back shox...just a lil heads up bro...;)

400exrapes
03-26-2007, 08:18 PM
yeah dude i always knew the rear was better im saying the rears of the honda 400 are built by pro link and showa. and i also heard the stock z400 and kfx400 (i know there the same thing) shocks were some of the best stock tuned shocks they would be nice on some 400ex's probably anyone got pics?

Barrymaxx
03-26-2007, 08:40 PM
The only physical diffrence between a z/kfx shock and an ex shock is that the z/kfx shock has a bushing in the top mount. The honda uses a needle bearing.

The springrate and valving could be diffrent.