PDA

View Full Version : Pa motorcycle learners permit test

450robot
03-26-2007, 05:52 PM
okie dokes, so im applying for my learners permit test sometime this week, and i just wondering what kind of material and question they cover in the skills test to get your permit.

any help is appreciated

esr250r86
03-26-2007, 05:59 PM
They usually have a booklet with all the things you need to know about getting your license like the cars, but for motorcycles just study that and you should be good, thats what my dad told me he took the license test a while back.good luck.

Tommy 17
03-26-2007, 06:13 PM
I took mine in december... get ready for the dumbest test of ur life... they ask the stupidest questions ever!

3 times they asked me if u run something over what should u do... answer was stand up and hit the gas haha...

the only question i missed was should ur helmet be loose snug or tight... i picked tight and they said snug...

basically read the book one time and u'll pass... its a joke!

Regular_Joe
03-26-2007, 06:38 PM
3 times they asked me if u run something over what should u do... answer was stand up and hit the gas haha...

This is very true. It unloads the weight from the front tire and places it on the back. Just short of a wheelie. If the front tire makes it over then, the back wheel will make it over just out of sheer momentum.

I'd suggest taking the MSF course. It will establish good techniques. This is one they cover in the class. They have you run over a 2x4 as one of the exercises. Plus they provide the bikes, so if you drop it no biggie.

Plus in NY I know they give you a 5 minute test at the end. If you pass they give you a certificate that you take to the DMV. They basically waive the road test and give you your liscence right there. Plus you get 10% or 15% off all your automotive insurance premiums.