PDA

View Full Version : RU Racing Brand Bearing Carrier

buckeye400ex
10-07-2002, 05:49 PM
Does anyone have one? Need new bearings looking at different brands of carriers. Have decided taper vs. double row, or a specific brand. I've searched for the earlier threads on the topic, haven't heard anyone mention RU Racing brand. Thanks for the info!

Razorback
10-07-2002, 06:38 PM
the RU Racing one is a RAD carrier. very good carrier, of course, i'm a little impartial because i have one :D

buckeye400ex
10-07-2002, 07:02 PM
Cool, I was wondering that because www.recreationunlimited.com has RU brand in the magazine ad, but has RAD on their website. Cool, I'm leaning towards that brand.

fast400ex#61
10-07-2002, 09:02 PM
hey i have got a R U racing double row carrier, i like it so far because it has the grease zerk in it, the only problem that i have had is that it seems to be to narrow. when i set it up the first time it seems like it had a lot of drag then after one race it was loose, well it was rubbing a groove in my rotor mount. I made my own spacer abour .100'' thick and it tightened up good and does not rub anything.

Mxbubs
10-07-2002, 09:26 PM
Huh, guys, dont you know that Recreational Unlimited, Team Factory Racing have been blackballed by a bunch of riders?

Just warning you guys.

buckeye400ex
10-08-2002, 11:19 AM
Why have they been blackballed? Details please!
I don't wanna spend $200 on a carrier and have to make a homemade spacer. It should fit.
Thanks for the replies!

Razorback
10-08-2002, 11:39 AM
well, i remember fast400ex#61's thread about his problem, but nobody else with the RAD carrier had the same problem. btw, just so you know, you can get RAD products from other places, like the QuadShop can probably get them, but C&D Racing can for sure, because that's where I got mine.

Ex'r Marlin
10-08-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Mxbubs
Huh, guys, dont you know that Recreational Unlimited, Team Factory Racing have been blackballed by a bunch of riders?No... This is the first I heard of it.:confused:

Anyway, I have the RU Racing Tapered axle carrier... No problems to date.

Note: I had to add spacers to the skid plate if I wanted the grease zerk to be positioned up. Just something to consider if you are going to be using a skidplate.

jb400exxx
10-08-2002, 05:05 PM
does the Rad tapered bearing carrier come with all the bearings needed for the whole axle? my stock carrier is destroyed it cracked and when i took it apart it was in broken pieces. theres nothing left of it.

jb400exxx
10-08-2002, 05:07 PM
also does the Rad tapered carrier have a lot less chain adjustment or not enough of a difference to really care?

buckeye400ex
10-08-2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Ex'r Marlin
No... This is the first I heard of it.:confused:

Anyway, I have the RU Racing Tapered axle carrier... No problems to date.

Note: I had to add spacers to the skid plate if I wanted the grease zerk to be positioned up. Just something to consider if you are going to be using a skidplate.

I don't understand what you mean by spacers on the skid plate. I haven't torn in to mine yet, so I'm not picturing what you are saying. The grease zerk is supposed to point down? And you rotated it?

The bearing carriers do come with all the bearings and seals, but I'm not sure about the amount of adjustment with the tapered.
I'm think for $50 more, sure would be nice to have a lifetime warranty. But on the other hand, I'd imagine the warranty is just for the carrier and not the bearings. Which would still wear out eventually. Plus am I gonna have this quad for my lifetime?

Leo
10-08-2002, 08:27 PM
http://www.exriders.com/reviews/carrier.shtml

$169.99, how do you go wrong?

Leo

433rd
10-09-2002, 12:04 AM
Check out the RPM taper bearing carrier, I don't think you will find a nicer one.

Ex'r Marlin
10-09-2002, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by buckeye400ex
I don't understand what you mean by spacers on the skid plate. I haven't torn in to mine yet, so I'm not picturing what you are saying. The grease zerk is supposed to point down? And you rotated it? In order for me to grease my RU tapered axle carrier from the outside with my skid plate on, I need the grease zerk pointing up. (If pointed down... Skid plate will be in way of greasing it).

As for chain adjustment: The tapered one does not have as much chain adjustment as the stock carrier, but there is sufficient chain adjustment.:)

Note: You will need to purchase a new chain... The stock length chain is 1 link too long, if I remember right.

As for spacers on the skid plate: If you position the grease zerk in the "up" position, this rotates the axle farther down, making the brake rotor and chain sprocket hit your skid plate. I installed 3/8" spacers to the lower 2 bolts and 1/4" spacers to the upper 2 bolts to allow for clearance. Note: I also used new longer bolts.

Mxbubs
10-09-2002, 06:04 PM
None of the products are blackballed, I meant the business......Deal with them long enough, they WILL do you wrong.