PDA

View Full Version : Lights

baseballplaya23
03-26-2007, 01:57 PM
What wires on a 86 harness are for lights. I have what you could call a race harness i guess with no wires for the handlebar switch or brake light or anything. What color wires should i be looking for to hook up some lights for the dunes? Thanks in advance

svahle
03-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Check out this thread: http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=251283. There is a wiring diagram and a discussion of which ignitions will support lights. Assuming you have a stock stator, the white wire coming from the stator is what you need. It will turn into a yellow/white wire. On the wiring diagram, the stator called Alternator.

Just hook the white or yellow/white wire to the positive side of the lights and ground the negative side. If you want a switch, just splice it into the positive side between the stator and the lights. Oh yeah, you must have a voltage regulator. It just wires into the positive wire from the stator. Keeps you from buring out the lights when the engine is revved. You can use an ATC or TRX 250r regulator. They are like $5-$10 on ebay. Check the wiring diagram for more wiring details

I hope this helps. I just went through the same process. Remember, if you have a Cr250 ignition you are SOL on lights.