PDA

View Full Version : elderbrok carb

drsnugfit
03-26-2007, 01:21 PM
ok guys, I have just picked up a 440 big bore kit for a bargain price and once fitted would like to give it a bit more fuel, I was thinking of going down the 450r carb route but then I saw atv galaxy are selling elderbrok carbs for the 400ex, my question is does anyone else use one of these carbs? how good are they and do they need much setting up?

thanks guys.

asa400ex
03-26-2007, 02:26 PM
I have had one on my bike for about 4 years. There is really no set up. The carb comes pretty much tuned. I found the best thing to do is call Chris at Elderblock. Let him know what you are running and he will tell you how many clicks you should have. At least that will give you a good starting point.

This carb is really easy to work with. Jetting can be done in the matter of minutes without taking the bike apart.

Great power difference, just make sure you get the 440 big bore carb.:devil:

jeepin21
03-26-2007, 06:59 PM
the edelbrock carb is nice no jets to replace and you get good power gains when i bought my 400 it had a fcr carb on and a brand new edlebrock still in the package . i put the edelbrock on to try it out and worked fine i just liked the fcr carb better. but if you are looking for an edelbrock i still have that one that i will sell it is the doug eichner edition one made just for the 440 ex, let me know

drsnugfit
03-26-2007, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by jeepin21
the edelbrock carb is nice no jets to replace and you get good power gains when i bought my 400 it had a fcr carb on and a brand new edlebrock still in the package . i put the edelbrock on to try it out and worked fine i just liked the fcr carb better. but if you are looking for an edelbrock i still have that one that i will sell it is the doug eichner edition one made just for the 440 ex, let me know

PM sent

drsnugfit
03-28-2007, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by jeepin21

I will definately have it, can you PM me about it, or email me at

bammas@hotmail.co.uk

thanks mate.