PDA

View Full Version : rear brake problems

lytninstruck
03-26-2007, 11:02 AM
guys i have a 1996 blaster that i just bought for my girlfriend. the rear brakes do not work at all. it looks as if it has good pads on it but when i step on the lever it does nothing, it sorta seems as if the lever isnt pulling the cable, but im not sure im new to the whole cable operated brake setup, but i got suck a great deal on the bike that it sisnt bother me that the brakes didnt work. i am wondering if any of yall have had a problem like this or not and if so how did you fix it, but any kinda of help would be appreciated. i will be trying to get some pictures of the bike up soon but i need to clean it first. but any how thanx yall

blaster99
03-26-2007, 03:56 PM
theres no reliablwe way to fix stock rear breaks off a blaster that is an 02 or lower. get some banshee, worioir or 03+ blaster. dotn get trenga r blasterzone breaks

broncogurl
03-27-2007, 01:31 AM
You should be able to see if the cable is being pulled or not, and if the pads are pushing against the rotor. Those pre '03 rear brakes are tricky though. When you put the pads in you have to do it just right or it won't work right. I have an '02 and don't use my rear brake 'cause it works so bad. Go hydraulic. Get post '03 Blaster, Banshee, or a Warrior rear brake like blaster99 said. That is what I plan to do. Same with the front brakes. Put some hydraulic discs on it. Those drum brakes are crap.