PDA

View Full Version : tranny locked up, question...

450 Racer R
03-26-2007, 10:27 AM
I just recently had my bottem end rebuilt with a new crank installed due to a rod bearing failure.

The motor has less than an hour run time on it and the tranny locked up on me. I wasn't riding it hard or putting alot of force on the shift lever so it's hard for me to believe it's a bent shift fork which is pretty common on these.

Could this be caused by the technician installing the gearshift linkage improperly? Also there's a bolt that came loose on the bottom of the motor that bolts the case halves together. I'm thinking maybe something came loose inside the motor because it wasn't torqued down correctly by the tech working on the motor.

I'm looking for some opinions from someone who has experience working on these motors before i call the service manager up and lay into him. I never had any problems with it until i got it back from the dealer. Also they tried giving it back to me with the kick starter not installed properly. the lever wouldn't return after being kicked which leads me to believe that it's more of an installation error rather than a mechanical failure which is the cause of the tranny locking up.

03-26-2007, 10:36 AM
Sounds like whoever did the job did something wrong.