View Full Version : to loud

400exridin121
03-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Is there a quiet core available for the older sparks exhausts? If there isnt, what pipes full or slip on give good power and aren't loud? thanks

hemi400ex
03-25-2007, 10:05 PM
to loud ? there is no such thing as to loud run it WOT and let it scream

400exridin121
03-26-2007, 07:02 AM
yea there is when you live in an addision(sp?) and most of your neighbors are old

Eviltanker
03-26-2007, 07:25 AM
I don't think there is, It's pretty much a race exhaust. You can look into a Yosh or HMF something along those lines. Most of the bigger companies make a quiet core for their systems. I feel for you cuz I have neibors(sp) too. I got an HMF with the quiet core and my Middle neibor (sp) Will call and complain to my wife if I fire the 400 up in my garage!

Barrymaxx
03-26-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by hemi400ex

With that attitude, you wont be riding long. And your screwing everyone else too.

Eviltanker
03-26-2007, 12:10 PM
Agree'd

Pipeless416
03-26-2007, 12:19 PM

that didnt answer his question you irresponsible tard . :rolleyes: anyway, i dont believe there is a quiet core for your pipe, but there are several pipes that are significantly quieter while still giving good power.. HMF with a quiet core, w/b e series (some have had the mounting bracket break off though), yoshimura, fmf q series, and pro circuit t-4 type 496.

GPracer2500
03-26-2007, 01:31 PM
Sparks makes a quite core and an extra quite core for their NEWER exhausts. It might be worth asking Sparks if they can convert your old style endcap to the new style so you can use the inserts. I can't remember exactly, but I have a vague recollection that they will do that. Might be pricey though [shrug].

trx400EXtreme
03-26-2007, 08:04 PM
i got the FMF Q2. its not to loud at all but still sounds good and has very good power gains.

hemi400ex
03-26-2007, 09:32 PM
i won't be riding long? there is a group of 9 of us that all run the same way 2 strokes and 4 , dirt bikes and atv,and before u bad mouth me maybe u should know where i ride i have friends with 600 acres of land all private owned (well his dad does oil mining, and coal hills) in west virginia so if we piss people off that means they can here us 600 acres away

idro
03-26-2007, 09:42 PM
i won't be riding long? there is a group of 9 of us that all run the same way 2 strokes and 4 , dirt bikes and atv,and before u bad mouth me maybe u should know where i ride i have friends with 600 acres of land all private owned (well his dad does oil mining, and coal hills) in west virginia so if we piss people off that means they can here us 600 acres away

well he doesnt have that luxury. so hit the little button marked 'x' on your browswer window and move on.

I would suggest getting HMF its not too terribly loud. I got it, and its just a different tone, and a little louder than stock nothing earth shattering. Its just really really deep. Heres a vid of my HMF pipe.

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a115/idro/?action=view&current=atv.flv

If you wanted extremes just find someone here who is getting an aftermarket pipe and make an offer on their stocker.

But on the other side of the fence, if you go to a quieter pipe and you are within the Db limits of your area and riding it offroad there isnt a thing your neighbors can do unless you respect them yada yada. I'm sure your not going WOT next to their window or anything.

400exridin121
03-27-2007, 07:14 AM
I'll ask Sparks about that, it would probably be just as much as a new pipe

yea and i dont have 600 acres maybe a 2 or 3 acre feild with some woods

sc400ex_rider
03-27-2007, 08:16 AM
ya im interested in this also. i took the cap off then drilled about 6 1/4 " holes through first chamber plate just to relieve some back pressure it seemed to help. it is still very quite. has anyone else drilled holes through the stock baffle plates now i just need a really long drill bit to reach the next one. i also read on here about a kid drilling out the welds on the spark arrester screen and cutting off the 1" stub and rewelding the screen back on. looks all stock

nakedfrijoles
03-27-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by idro
well he doesnt have that luxury. so hit the little button marked 'x' on your browswer window and move on.

I would suggest getting HMF its not too terribly loud. I got it, and its just a different tone, and a little louder than stock nothing earth shattering. Its just really really deep. Heres a vid of my HMF pipe.

If you wanted extremes just find someone here who is getting an aftermarket pipe and make an offer on their stocker.

But on the other side of the fence, if you go to a quieter pipe and you are within the Db limits of your area and riding it offroad there isnt a thing your neighbors can do unless you respect them yada yada. I'm sure your not going WOT next to their window or anything.

Wow thats wierd, my HMF is way louder than that. Does that have a quiet core in it? I live out in a bunch of fields and i still have people complaining that i am too loud.

400exridin121
03-27-2007, 08:08 PM
that hmf sounds awesome but about how far away can you still hear it? it doesnt seem a whole lot quieter than my sparks but that could just be the because its on a computer

nakedfrijoles
03-27-2007, 09:22 PM
i've been told that i could be heard from almost 2 miles away, on a quiet day. so if your in a neighborhood, than i dont think you are going to want an HMF(mine runs at 109dB w/out quiet core)...im not sure how well the quiet core works with the HMF pipe though...

DF400ex
03-27-2007, 10:44 PM

Some of us realize that having a little respect will keep our riding areas open longer (as most of them around here are illegal, but the owners let you as long as you don't pi$$ off the neighbors or rip up their land). Where I'm from people won't call the cops if you aren't a moron. But if you are ripping around with a pipe that is too loud at night, the cops will soon be joining you. I have a White Bro's E series myself and at times I wish I had something alot quieter, like when I'm riding at 2am on a week day.

muddy400EX
03-27-2007, 11:01 PM
look into hmf with the quiet core or the other companies with the quiet core. that way if you do have a chance to go loud, you can if you want to

muddy400EX
03-27-2007, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by idro

you have the quiet core dont you? cuz it sounds it sounds alot higher pitched than a regular hmf, (i had one on my last 400)

muddy400EX
03-27-2007, 11:09 PM
http://www.alwaysopenmall.com/layouts/02/unsecure/item.asp?SiteID=223&DepartmentID=85&CategoryID=949&GroupID=7031&ItemID=30858&StartNum=1&Sort=&ShowPics=0&ListByCode=1&Brand=&GenderAgeGroupID=0&MaxPrice=&SearchString=&ItemCode=&IsOnlyOnSale=0&FromHomePage=0&FromFamily=0&ProductFamilyID=0&RelatedItemID=0

wsucougfan
03-27-2007, 11:41 PM
My HMF is TOO loud, after my last trip to the dunes I am getting the quiet core for it. I didnt realize how big of an area that is getting closed for a noise buffer down there in oregon because people have too loud of pipes. I started to get a headache from my pipe after the 5th straight day of riding at WOT on the dunes.

Resq
03-28-2007, 08:56 AM
An older version T-4 was installed when I bought the EX.

I really wish it had a lower dcb.

idro
03-28-2007, 10:09 AM
Yep, its not too loud. You can hear me from afar when i am getting on it and am WOT. But if im just chillin riding. Its not too bad. Neighbors would complain about my car before my atv though, so no complaints yet. :devil:

I'm at my college computer right now, so i really can't find the exact pipe that i bought but i got the 249 deal that you always see on the interweb. Can't remember who i bought it from, its been a few months.

Barrymaxx
03-28-2007, 12:24 PM

I dont care where you ride or how many people you ride with. Pissing people off with your quad gives everyone riding a quad a bad rep. You will learn someday...

muddy400EX
03-28-2007, 01:28 PM
why do dunes and mx tracks and such have db levels? most of them are so far away from everything that you cant hear them anyway. im not sayin im one of those who say "run the loudest pipe you can find, yeehaw" but i just think the whole off road db thing is stupid, i can see if its in trails right by houses. i think instead of off road db laws they should do ON road db laws, that way they can piss of the people with harleys that go ripping down the street at 3 in the morning when im trying to sleep:grr:

400exridin121
03-28-2007, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
http://www.alwaysopenmall.com/layouts/02/unsecure/item.asp?SiteID=223&DepartmentID=85&CategoryID=949&GroupID=7031&ItemID=30858&StartNum=1&Sort=&ShowPics=0&ListByCode=1&Brand=&GenderAgeGroupID=0&MaxPrice=&SearchString=&ItemCode=&IsOnlyOnSale=0&FromHomePage=0&FromFamily=0&ProductFamilyID=0&RelatedItemID=0

that is for the newer version i have the older one an 03

hemi400ex
03-28-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Barrymaxx
I dont care where you ride or how many people you ride with. Pissing people off with your quad gives everyone riding a quad a bad rep. You will learn someday...

who are we going to piss off on 600 acres ? the miners who work around trucks that u can't talk over no cause they ride our bikes when we go throught and if we do go to hatfields and macooys in WV we all run quite cores its all about fun not to piss off people

muddy400EX
03-28-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by 400exridin121
that is for the newer version i have the older one an 03

arent they pretty much the same tho, it should fit unless the pipes are a different diameter

idro
03-28-2007, 10:37 PM
who are we going to piss off on 600 acres ? the miners who work around trucks that u can't talk over no cause they ride our bikes when we go throught and if we do go to hatfields and macooys in WV we all run quite cores its all about fun not to piss off people

You have the reading comprehension of a lima bean. Your situation is not equal to his situation. You have no helpful insight to this topic. L - E - A - V - E

400exridin121
03-29-2007, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
arent they pretty much the same tho, it should fit unless the pipes are a different diameter

im pretty sure the new versions have a modular end cap you can switch out

Eviltanker
03-30-2007, 07:49 AM
All the better brands have a quiet core( like GP said He even thinks Sparks might have one) My HMF with the quiet core is still about 98 decibels (I need to repack soon) It's not bad and my neihbors don't say much. I'm basically in the same situation as you. I think the Yosh is actually a little quieter but not much. Your best bet is to go some place that a lot of quads are running and listen to different exhausts, then pick the one that suits your needs.