PDA

View Full Version : L.A. Sleeve

clutch22
03-25-2007, 04:07 PM
Anyone have any comments about LA Sleeve?.... idk much about them... are they pretty good product? And is the 330 kit, the biggest that they make?

ChvyCruzen
03-25-2007, 04:11 PM
I think I have that current sleeve in my stock clyinder. Its a 310 right now. I got a Duncan PC2000 Powervalve on the way so i'll be tossing that out. Its ported too ... might sell it. Needs a head though, you could get yours cut.

clutch22
03-26-2007, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by ChvyCruzen
I think I have that current sleeve in my stock clyinder. Its a 310 right now. I got a Duncan PC2000 Powervalve on the way so i'll be tossing that out. Its ported too ... might sell it. Needs a head though, you could get yours cut.

Can you put a 330 sleeve in a stock cylinder?
Can you get a cylinder ported to a different style?
such as go from a good all around, to a full drag port

ChvyCruzen
03-26-2007, 12:09 PM
I dont know about the 330 ... you might have to get your cases cut/machined to clear the sleeve. I know the 350 requires it, but not sure about the 310.

Yeah you can get a cylinder ported for full drag if you want.

clutch22
03-26-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by ChvyCruzen
I dont know about the 330 ... you might have to get your cases cut/machined to clear the sleeve. I know the 350 requires it, but not sure about the 310.

Yeah you can get a cylinder ported for full drag if you want.

even if its allready ported for all around?

ChvyCruzen
03-26-2007, 01:28 PM
Yeah I hear you can get cylinders re-ported. I'm not too sure, but thats what I heard.

TheFontMaster
03-26-2007, 05:46 PM
I've heard good things about L.A sleeve. When I go to rebuild my top end I'm putting in an L.A. sleeve 310 into my stock jug.

garrettagr
03-26-2007, 06:43 PM
you can do that 310 on the stock cylinder but the pro-x cools much better. And they say those big bore stock cylinders can eat up gaskets all the time. But i have no experience, but that is what i have heard,

C-LEIGH RACING
03-29-2007, 12:49 PM
By far the 310 Pro-x cylinder would be the best route to go over a stock cylinder re-sleeved 310.
The Pro-X would have better cooling, a replacable head dome in case you wanted to go from pump gas to race gas & the ports, how they are in the casting, you can do more to them than you can on a stock 250R cylinder.
You can also latter on with the 310 Pro-x cylinder, install a 330 sleeve in that casting. Just a matter of boring the casting to fit the sleeve OD & cutting the dome squish to match the 330 bore, or you could just buy a new dome to fit the 330 bore.

The Pro-x cylinders over time will need the o ring head gasket replaced, but by the time it does, probably be time to rebuild the top end anyway.

Most people that have had problems with o rings blowing on the Pro-x cylinders was from over tightening the head nuts & distorting the head.
Any head that is sealed with o rings, the o rings will seal at low as 12 ft lbs of torque, an 8 mm stud is good for 21 ft lbs, 18 ft lbs would be a plenty on any Pro-x head.
Neil

clutch22
03-29-2007, 09:32 PM
I heard on another site that the "new" Pro-x 330 cylinder kits dont require any case machining.... is this correct?

C-LEIGH RACING
03-31-2007, 08:30 AM
The 330 top end kit your talking about comes from ESR. That cylinder has no sleeve skirt to protrude down into the cases, so no machining is needed to the cases.
Only things wrong with this type of cylinder kit, you can only go one size bigger on a replacement piston before the sleeve must be replaced & from not having any sleeve at the bottom of the cylinder the piston is pretty much unguided for some of its travel at BDC, no skirt to guide the piston skirt.
There a member by the screen name Trailwart that has on of those cylinders hes running on his R, you could pm him & get some details about it if your thinking about getting one.
Neil