PDA

View Full Version : Going to the twist throtle

CAIN730
10-07-2002, 03:29 PM
I can't stand it any more, i'm going to give the twist throtle a try. I went two races whithout getting thumb pump too bad then the greenville track kicked my butt. Seems like I don't get it too bad on the wide open tracks but really bad on the tight rough ones. I tried a twist once on a 250r at a motocross track and in the whoops I got it pinned and ran all the way through the next turn before I could get it shut down but everyone that uses them seems to say that you get use to them. Anyone wanna try and talk me out of it?

beerock
10-07-2002, 03:41 PM
i wont talk you out of it but i advise you to make sure your wrist is positioned right for the whoops other wise youll be wide open in the whoops..

usually when that happens to me i let go of the throttle all together and try to control the bike with one hand.
very hard...

but id rather do that then get sent off the bike.....

CAIN730
10-07-2002, 04:14 PM
I am actually racing harescrambles so I may be doing alot of left hand riding. I have been getting thumb (hand) pump so bad that my hand has been coming off the grip alot anyway. Never even the slightes bit of pump in my left hand. I've been exercising that left since I was 12 though :D

AtvMxRider
10-07-2002, 05:01 PM
:eek:

Pappy
10-07-2002, 05:23 PM
i see a ton of riders that race gncc and hare scrambles running twist....i am even considering it, but the c-dale's throttle is so light i am waiting to see how it works out.

DMH
10-07-2002, 05:45 PM
Never even the slightes bit of pump in my left hand. I've been exercising that left since I was 12 though

A little to much info in that post for me there Lefty!

Pappy
10-07-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by DMH

A little to much info in that post for me there Lefty!

:eek: LMFAO:D

ridered86
10-07-2002, 05:49 PM
I saw this on a t-shirt:

"if you would only learned to twist instead of stroke you would be a champion someday":devil

10-07-2002, 07:51 PM
Personaly, i wouldn't get one because im so used to having a thumb throttle and after i landed a jump my hand would slam the twist down and there you go JOEY GETS THROWN OFF DA BIKE AGAIN. but i wasn't used to it i would go with it.:huh

cdalejef
10-07-2002, 07:59 PM
How did you do yesterday Cain? Did you like the track?

CAIN730
10-07-2002, 08:40 PM
The track was great, I had my worst outing yet, 18th. Started off bad and got worse. The guy to my left on the line wheeled right on top of me and spun me around. I went into the woods dead last in my class, 37th. Got up to 17th by the end of the lap and then the hand pump set in and didn't go away until mid way through the last lap. I saw your trailer next to the scoring tent, or at least someones with a big quadshop logo. How did those guys like the ssd on those cannondale ohlins?

cdalejef
10-07-2002, 08:55 PM
LOL...that was me! They work awesome! Very similar to my R with long travel Elka's. What class did you run?

CAIN730
10-08-2002, 06:24 AM
I ran in 4 stroke c, this was my 4th race and so far my worst showing. I may have talked to you before the race, The guy I go to the races with rides a blaze, you might remember him.

cdalejef
10-08-2002, 07:12 AM
Ya, I remember seeing that other Blaze. I was wearing red C-Dale pants and a red Moose jersey.