PDA

View Full Version : keep er clean

bradex
03-25-2007, 09:03 AM
afer u get all those mud stains off buy a silicone spray (the stuff in the aresol cans ) spray tht al over ur bike it dosent leave an stains or nethin it just put a coatin on ur frame do this b4 u go ridin then when u come bak an its got mud or dirt on it u can easily spray it off wit the hose an it looks like brand new again the silicone spray just prevents it from stickin on an stainig ive been doin this wit my bike for a while an it works awesome

WickedQuad
03-26-2007, 01:35 PM
WD 40 to the rescue!

sportrax stu
03-28-2007, 03:29 PM
i use wd 40 on my frame, i just squirt it in the patches which are starting rust slightly. can i put it any where else like on the plastics and engine?! where do you spray yours?

WickedQuad
03-28-2007, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by sportrax stu
i use wd 40 on my frame, i just squirt it in the patches which are starting rust slightly. can i put it any where else like on the plastics and engine?! where do you spray yours?

Everywhere but the seat and grips

I coated the whole thing day before yesterday and after playing for a couple hours yesterday in the coal hills brought her home and the plastics came clean with water and hand rubbing.

After she cooled the undersides, frame and engine rinsed off easy....

I read in dirtbikes mag they sprayed the rides with PAM cooking spray...

sportrax stu
03-28-2007, 03:38 PM
wont the engine stink when it gets hot if you put wd 40 on it?
whats the best way to do it, squirt it straight on or put some on a rag and rub it on that way?

WickedQuad
03-28-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by sportrax stu
wont the engine stink when it gets hot if you put wd 40 on it?
whats the best way to do it, squirt it straight on or put some on a rag and rub it on that way?

Yes it does smell but burns away pretty quick.

I was told spray the whole thing but I used a shop rag and sprayed that then wiped if over everything.

04exking
04-02-2007, 07:07 PM
But WD-40 is flammable

firefighterjosh
04-03-2007, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by WickedQuad
Yes it does smell but burns away pretty quick.

I was told spray the whole thing but I used a shop rag and sprayed that then wiped if over everything.

x2:)

mr._bowtie
04-06-2007, 12:55 PM
I hose mine down with wd 40 before every ride. Especially if there is going to be any mud.

Its not going to catch on fire and it burns off the exhaust pretty fast. Dont worry about the smell.

Like they said keep it off the seat, seat, and brakes... Everything else is game!