PDA

View Full Version : knee pads?

QuadJunkies
03-24-2007, 10:18 PM
My Daughter is in need of knew pads.

She is getting some really bad bruising from hugging her knees on the tank.She doesnt hae muich padding on her knees as it is ..lol

Any ideas what is avail.?
She has alot of riding to do this next couple weeks and her knees are looking pretty GROSS!:p

250xridamatt
03-24-2007, 11:14 PM
I have the same problem. My knee is still blue from two weeks ago. I have the cheap $15 shift knee pads, but they always move to the side and dont help.

ckasper18
03-24-2007, 11:40 PM
Check out the EVS knee pads they make several different styles try the ones with straps above and below the knee helps keep them in place cost more but well worth the money.

QuadJunkies
03-25-2007, 12:06 AM
Do you happen to know the website?
Thanks

troutman561
03-25-2007, 12:42 AM
http://www.evs-sports.com/

that should be the site you are looking for...

QuadJunkies
03-25-2007, 12:46 AM
Thanks, Ill check it out!

QuadJunkies
03-25-2007, 12:50 AM
I did find one, but it didnt come in small... Shes very small so she needs something geared towards a mini riders size.

NacsMXer
03-25-2007, 01:40 AM
I run these pads from SixSixOne and they have protected me well in a couple falls. Very comfortable pads. You can get it in youth size and the price isn't bad either.

http://www.sixsixone.com/media/store/product/6410-00.jpg

http://www.sixsixone.com/Catalog_661Moto.aspx?id=c66a9a1b-762f-448d-8b74-f26384677640&product=0817d878-04de-4acc-9718-6bf59c9a65e2

QuadJunkies
03-25-2007, 01:47 PM
She needs the protection mainly on the inside of the kneeor ... something thats padded

you think a local sporting goods store might have something?
She will not use something big and bulky I can tell you this already :p

premiumtommy
03-25-2007, 02:21 PM
i have very bad knees from years of abuse and a few motorcycle accidents. so, i use 2 different kinds of pads.

i have a set of soft stretch nike pads. i believe they are made for girls volleyball. very comfortable. easily turned to the inside of the leg. also easily concealed under riding pants.

and i have another set by alpinestars for more rigorous riding.

QuadJunkies
03-25-2007, 03:10 PM
Do they stay positioned on your knee OK? I figured a soccer knee pad would move around alot ,she doesnt have much to hold them up.lol
I wish I had that problem :o

This might be the way to go for her.

NacsMXer
03-25-2007, 04:11 PM
I guess a "hardshell" knee pad is not what you were looking for. Unless she has riding shorts, this type of knee pad isn't going to be very comfortable over riding pants. Maybe try those soft ACE kneeguard type things you can find at the pharmacy? I think those are thin enough to where you can wear them underneath.

FasstMidnightZ
03-25-2007, 05:14 PM
Wrap some bubble wrap around her legs. ;)

QuadJunkies
03-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by FasstMidnightZ
Wrap some bubble wrap around her legs. ;)

LOL!!
I can see it now... As she comes around a corner..
Pop!...POP-POP!:p

esr250r86
03-25-2007, 10:27 PM
Dang, I have the same exact problem. I am definitely going to invest in a pair of these.

QuadJunkies
03-25-2007, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by esr250r86
Dang, I have the same exact problem. I am definitely going to invest in a pair of these.
My Husband does as well on the honda,he actually forms blisters that hurts for a few days after. Its almost like his is a little more than just huggin and more of a rubbing on a bad spot on the sides for him.
Maybe I should pick up a pair for BOTH of them.:p

esr250r86
03-25-2007, 10:42 PM
Ouch. I dont form blisters but I do Get bad bruises on the sides of my knees.

firefighterjosh
03-26-2007, 01:38 AM
what about something like this?:confused:

foam tape (http://www.foamtapes.net/shop/ether.jsp)

05lavaracer
03-26-2007, 04:32 AM
Mabey get a pair of the volleyball knee pads and sew them to the inside of her riding pants? That way they stay where you want them. They are washable and durable too.

QuadJunkies
03-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by 05lavaracer
Mabey get a pair of the volleyball knee pads and sew them to the inside of her riding pants? That way they stay where you want them. They are washable and durable too.

I dont think that would work with her new pants.
She wears the baggy style of Fox Pink/green Camo.The material is alot dif too than her tuck in style ones are.

Slinky
03-26-2007, 12:30 PM
I'd say have her look into some vollyball style pads....also what if you had a fabric shop stick up some sore of a pad to attach to the body work of the bike...use like a kevlar material covering over some foam. It might cover up her graphics but you could make it removable some snaps so when she gets up to the podium she can pull it off to show her sponsers

bwamos
03-26-2007, 12:37 PM
http://www.weplay.com/Brute/wrestling/kneepads/brute-youth.html

Neoprene youth wrestling knee brace/pads. Very slim & unbulky.

Extra padding on the knee.. but neoprene sides would also be padded.

Spray some hairspray on the leg before you slide them on to help hold them into place.

Scro
03-26-2007, 02:01 PM
I'm suffering from the same problem. I've actually thought of making some type of cloth that "hangs" over the tank and somehow attaches underneath the tank; the sides being padded. I know it would be ugly as sin, but it would serve its purpose

I've also thought it would be sweet if a company would create a graphics kit that had gel or padding in it to protect your knees.

Scro
03-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
http://www.weplay.com/Brute/wrestling/kneepads/brute-youth.html

Neoprene youth wrestling knee brace/pads. Very slim & unbulky.

Extra padding on the knee.. but neoprene sides would also be padded.

Spray some hairspray on the leg before you slide them on to help hold them into place.

I tried something similar. The problem with those is the fact that they tend to slide down leg, because you are constantly sitting down and standing back up while riding.

mx428
03-26-2007, 02:04 PM
Idk if Asterisk or CTi makes small knee braces but they're deffinatley a worthwhile investment. After lots of knee soreness and bruising I got a pair and i've had 0 problems since. Knees are something to protect.

hawaiikfx400
03-27-2007, 04:34 AM
try ebay i saw some neopreme tank grippers,their cut in cool diffrent designs so you get a better grip when cornering ect.im sure they would help protect her iner knees.plus they stick on and dont cover up all the graphics.if you cant find em you could always cut a mouse pad in the shape you need and use adhesive spray, i think it would work the same and you could find a monster green color that would look pretty trick.

hawaiikfx400
03-27-2007, 04:38 AM
another idea with the mouse pad gel,print out the monster M logo and trace it on the mouse pad cut it out and you would have a very trick little knee saver.oh ya i just pattend the idea.jk lol:eek:

BSTURDIVANT
03-27-2007, 06:48 AM
Soft 661 shin guards 4x4 model have padding on the inside for the knee and tend to stay in place! Also come in small!

bwamos
03-27-2007, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Scro
I tried something similar. The problem with those is the fact that they tend to slide down leg, because you are constantly sitting down and standing back up while riding.

That's what the hairspray is for. Only other option is a garter belt.. lol.

Scro
03-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
That's what the hairspray is for. Only other option is a garter belt.. lol.

;) Completely overlooked that

QuadJunkies
03-27-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by hawaiikfx400
another idea with the mouse pad gel,print out the monster M logo and trace it on the mouse pad cut it out and you would have a very trick little knee saver.oh ya i just pattend the idea.jk lol:eek:

Not bad!:eek: :D

QuadJunkies
03-27-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
what about something like this?:confused:

foam tape (http://www.foamtapes.net/shop/ether.jsp)
thats a pretty cool idea!

Everyone gave some great ideas, I appreciate it!

QuadJunkies
03-27-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by hawaiikfx400
try ebay i saw some neopreme tank grippers,their cut in cool diffrent designs so you get a better grip when cornering ect.im sure they would help protect her iner knees.plus they stick on and dont cover up all the graphics.if you cant find em you could always cut a mouse pad in the shape you need and use adhesive spray, i think it would work the same and you could find a monster green color that would look pretty trick.
So this installs on the plastic?
If so,how would you keep it clean?
Im not finding it on Ebay,do you have a link?

hawaiikfx400
03-28-2007, 01:26 AM
http://motors.search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&catref=C6&from=R10&mppfqy=kfx400+&mppfqy=kfx400&mppfqy=gel&mppfqy=gel+tank&satitle=tank+pad&sacat=6000%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=96740&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1&fsoo=1 the ones for your knees goes on the tank.i know some are for street bikes but they would still work great.hope this helps.aloha

QuadJunkies
03-28-2007, 01:59 AM
WEll, after further assessment, she is actually rubbing not only the tank, but partially the frame. This probably where shes getting the bruising,so a knee pad will probably be the only thing that will help remedy this.

firefighterjosh
03-28-2007, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
WEll, after further assessment, she is actually rubbing not only the tank, but partially the frame. This probably where shes getting the bruising,so a knee pad will probably be the only thing that will help remedy this.

You know how to sow (sp? sew? I dunno) Sow a patch of soft material on the ouside of the pants..or if the pants are a little baggy you could sow it on the inside and it would prally look better.

QuadJunkies
03-28-2007, 02:09 AM
You know how to sow (sp? sew? I dunno) Sow a patch of soft material on the ouside of the pants..or if the pants are a little baggy you could sow it on the inside and it would prally look better.

Actually... I dunno how to Sew :o
I tried it .. hated it .. lol

firefighterjosh
03-28-2007, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Actually... I dunno how to Sew :o
I tried it .. hated it .. lol

Duct tape and zip ties fix everything:scary:

QuadJunkies
03-28-2007, 02:16 AM
Duct tape and zip ties fix everything:scary:

LOL!
Pretty much!:p

wilkin250r
03-28-2007, 02:53 AM
I'm with Bwamos, some proper Noeprene knee pads/knee brace should do the trick. I've used them before (not for riding), and never had problems with slipping. They are MADE specifically for rigorous activity, if they slip, then I think you have the wrong size.

And you shouldn't need to order the ones bwamos posted, I think I got my set at Wal-mart. Any sporting goods store should have them, and if they slip or otherwise don't perform as you expect, you could probably return them.

bwamos
03-29-2007, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I'm with Bwamos, some proper Noeprene knee pads/knee brace should do the trick. I've used them before (not for riding), and never had problems with slipping. They are MADE specifically for rigorous activity, if they slip, then I think you have the wrong size.

And you shouldn't need to order the ones bwamos posted, I think I got my set at Wal-mart. Any sporting goods store should have them, and if they slip or otherwise don't perform as you expect, you could probably return them.

Aye.. those are the one of the top of the line Wrestling Knee Pads. They are form fitted (partially bent) so they wont bunch up in the back of the knee (kind of like riding gloves), may save some soreness. And they are only $10. You can probably get them at some local sports store that carries wrestling products.

The other option is:
http://www.schnauzelbaerchen.org/www/werbung/images/ads/charmin.jpg

QuadJunkies
03-29-2007, 12:21 PM
:p