PDA

View Full Version : cooling fan and shocks question

balls2da-wall
03-24-2007, 03:44 PM
I have 2 questions. 1.) How do you check to make sure your cooling fan is working...its about 50 degrees here and I ran a race last weekend and my fan didnt kick on...atleast that I could tell, but it didnt overheat.

2.) On Elkas to speed up rebound do you screw to adjustment in or out? I lost my booklet and cant remember!

Thanks

JR3
03-24-2007, 07:01 PM
turn it in righty tighty to speed up rebound. and when i had my 450r the fan never came on at all even in 75-80 degree weather so i just. grounded the 1 wire so that the fan would rin the whole time the quad was on worked great.

balls2da-wall
03-24-2007, 07:19 PM
Alright I think im going to have to disagree on the shocks...my rear shock works that way but the fronts dotn seem to. If I screw the rebound in all the way they return very slowly...if its all the way out it springs back very fast.

03-24-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by balls2da-wall
Alright I think im going to have to disagree on the shocks...my rear shock works that way but the fronts dotn seem to. If I screw the rebound in all the way they return very slowly...if its all the way out it springs back very fast.

Thats how it should be.