PDA

View Full Version : brake lights for 04 400ex

300exHONDARIDER
03-24-2007, 08:28 AM
I just got an 04 400ex, and noticed the underside of the front master cylinder has mounting bosses and a threaded hole, which i assume is for a brake switch. Maybe Canadian models have the brake lights? Im looking for the switch ...can any one help?
Ive already got a brake light off a 07 300ex, which looks real good, and wired a hydralic switch which goes into the rear master brake cylinder, but to use that same switch on the front master is a bit iffy. The wires come straight out the front, and im concerned the wires will get snagged, and pull out of the switch.

JOEX
03-25-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by 300exHONDARIDER
I just got an 04 400ex, and noticed the underside of the front master cylinder has mounting bosses and a threaded hole, which i assume is for a brake switch. Maybe Canadian models have the brake lights? Im looking for the switch ...can any one help?
Ive already got a brake light off a 07 300ex, which looks real good, and wired a hydralic switch which goes into the rear master brake cylinder, but to use that same switch on the front master is a bit iffy. The wires come straight out the front, and im concerned the wires will get snagged, and pull out of the switch.
I've heard the neutral safety switch on the clutch lever will fit on the brake lever and work with a brake light.

asa400ex
03-26-2007, 09:19 AM
Oklahoma Powersports on Ebay has a really nice brake light kit. It will convert your front and rear brake. Don't need to have a different rear light you can use existing.

Great upgrade to a 400ex.

XtremelyCrazy
03-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by asa400ex
Oklahoma Powersports on Ebay has a really nice brake light kit. It will convert your front and rear brake. Don't need to have a different rear light you can use existing.

Great upgrade to a 400ex.

A better mod is to rip the brake light off your machine.

Well, unless you are driving your 400EX in downtown Los Angeles traffic.

;) :p

JOEX
03-26-2007, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by XtremelyCrazy
A better mod is to rip the brake light off your machine.

Well, unless you are driving your 400EX in downtown Los Angeles traffic.

;) :p
Brake lights are a nice feature ;)

300exHONDARIDER
03-26-2007, 02:14 PM
I have a hydralic brake light switch on the rear, found that at dennis kirk. All i need to do is hook up a switch on front, and you guys have given me some good ideas. I also heard the brake switch on some honda road bikes will likewise fit up.
Thanks for the ideas