PDA

View Full Version : xr's only cam? please help

YZROOSTINYA
10-07-2002, 12:04 PM
allright i was gonna go with the xr cam but know i am confused again

i just called xr's only and they have a drop in stage one and stage two cam with no core. the stage 2 is similar to the hrc and the stage one is a mild. they both use stock springs and rockers

but neither of them have a decompression. the guy said they dont need it but sounded kinda cocky. how much of a diff does the decomp make. why would they have it on there if it wasnt needed.

i think i would choose the stage one cam over the stage two as i do not want to go too drastic. i also asked him if there was big diff over the xr cam and he said yes. then i asked how much and he said the stage one was mild and stage two like a hrc.

if the stage one is mild is that not like the xr cam? but yet he said it was a big diff?

someone please shed some light. do you have profiles of the hrc and the xr's only ?

has anyone had any experience with these guys

two_baaalls
10-07-2002, 01:09 PM
Only question I can answer is the decompressor cam. I dont have one on mine, and havent notice a difference. It's supposed to make it start easier. And I havent notice much in the way of engine breaking either with 11:1 440 piston.

quadman21
10-07-2002, 01:50 PM
I always thought you needed the decomprssion unit. Once I left out the spring and plunger by accident and the quad wouldn't start at all. I have the xr cam for my 440 11:1 and like it. However I hated it when i first put it in. I didn't notice any difference. But once I really started to ride it hard I did notice some difference. It isn't radical at all but it does open it up a little. As far as the HRC cam, I wouldn't know. I looked at them after I bought the XR cam. I kind of wished I had bought one now. The major thing is that I'm not worried about my rockers with the XR cam.