PDA

View Full Version : Wilborn's Extreme ATV Trails, Hanceville, Alabama

Bama250R
03-23-2007, 08:38 PM
Well, I recently went back to Wilborn's Extreme ATV Trails for my 3rd ride there. My friend Jerry and I are more impressed every time we ride there. The friendly folks at Wilborn's are busting their butts trying to make this an ultimate ATV riding destination. They were adding parking, they've ramped up their snack bar and offer a hot plate lunch as well, and of course the trails there are...AWESOME!! They are talking about holding race events there also. This is probably my favorite place to ride. I thought nothing could compare to the riding we used to do at Chigger Ridge 15-20 years ago, but this place is fantastic!! The "Extreme" trails are well marked and are very "EXTREME".. you had better hang on and make sure you have good brakes when going down one. The rest of the trails are fantastic also. I went to Coal Mtn., Tenn. last Feb. and it was impressive, but it doesn't have much more to offer except more trails!. The 4,000 acres and 150+ miles of trails here at Wilborn's are well groomed, challenging, and very scenic. We rode thru the tunnnels under I-10 and over to the west side, all the way up on top of Champion Mtn. What a view!! You can see for 40 miles. The trails that run along the bluffs on the east side of I-65 are beautiful with all the huge rocks you can ride thru. There are so many trails and places to see that it will take us at least 10 more rides to see it all!! The creek rides are fun and a good way to cool off. Man, I give this place 5 stars!! We can't wait until our next ride. Thanks Wilborns for opening this place up (and now even dirt bikes and buggies are welcome!!) because it's just what we needed, with the old riding areas gradually being shut down! I predict this place will become a "must ride" for southern off roaders. You guys better enjoy it now, because it will eventually get very crowded when the rest of the country finds out about this place! I told Yamaha Adventures about Wilborn's and they are planning to come down and demo the Rhino side-by-side there soon!

Bama250R
03-23-2007, 08:47 PM
ATV RIDING AT NEW ATV PARK IN HANCEVILLE, CULLMAN COUNTY, ALABAMA (GOD'S COUNTRY)

WILBORN'S EXTREME HAS OVER 150 MILES OF TRAILS WITH 4000+ ACRES OF RIDING!!

SORRY, THEY DON'T HAVE A WEBSITE YET!

MUD RIDING, CREEK CROSSINGS AND CREEK RIDING, A WATERFALL, SEVERAL BEAUTIFUL MOUNTAIN LAKES, TRAILS THROUGH THE TUNNELS UNDER THE INTERSTATE, HILLS WITH TRAILS FROM MILD TO EXTREME, POWERLINE TRAILS, DIRT ROADS, AND LOTS OF GROOMED WOODED TRAILS!!

TIME: 8:00 AM TO 6:00 PM FRIDAY, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY

SATURDAY NIGHT RIDING AVAILABLE, OCCASIONALLY LIVE MUSIC!

COST: $15.00 PER ATV OR DIRT BIKE!

NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES OR FIREARMS ALLOWED!

RV HOOK-UPS, CONCESSIONS, HOT LUNCHES, BIKE WASH!!

DIRECTIONS: EXIT 91 OFF I-65 NORTH (35 MILES NORTH OF BIRMINGHAM) THEN EAST ON HWY 91 SOUTH OF HANCEVILLE TO CO. RD 522

TAKE CO. RD. 522 TOWARD STOUTS MTN. BAPTIST CHURCH FOR APPROX. 5 MILES ENTRANCE IS ON LEFT ACROSS FROM A BROWN HOUSE, NEAR THE BP GAS STATION - LOOK FOR SIGN!

FROM I-65 TAKE EXIT 291 (HWY 91 NORTH/EAST TO HANCEVILLE)
TO CO.RD 522 JUST BEFORE THE BP STATION ON THE RIGHT , COUNTY ROAD 522 WILL BE ON LEFT. FOLLOW DIRECTIONS ABOVE!!

You can contact them at the # above for additional directions and info if needed.

I WOULD ADVISE THAT YOU CALL TO SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING!

Latitude 34? 1? 59? Longitude 81? 51? 56?