PDA

View Full Version : ac racing nerf question

mike maddrell
03-23-2007, 07:41 PM
can ac racings 300ex nerf bars be mounted with the stock heelguards in place? or is there trimming required? any pics would be great if anyones mounted them like this. thanks in advance-

161xchonda
03-23-2007, 09:38 PM
I have ac nerfs on my 06 300 and I left the stock heel guards. I do not believe we had to trim them at all.

mike maddrell
03-24-2007, 09:22 AM
do you have any pics handy? all i can seem to find are quads with the heelguards removed. thanks again-

161xchonda
03-24-2007, 07:35 PM
I do not have any pictures unfortuantley. The nerfs fit right over the heel guards without any problem.

mike maddrell
03-24-2007, 09:48 PM
i want you to be right and you may be but it appears as though the ac nerfs bolt on to the frontside of the footpeg. my heelguards wrap around the end of the peg to the frontside. i would think id have to trim this to allow the nerfs to use that mount? been searching for a pic but most seem to remove the heelguard altogether.

161xchonda
03-27-2007, 09:12 PM
It fits. Where it wraps around in the front that is where the heel guard bolts onto the peg. Just bolt the nerf on top of the heel guard using the same hole. You may have to drill your own hole in the foot peg if the nerf requires to places to bolt it on. It just fits right over the heel guars perfectly. No trimming or messing with the heel guard is needed.

rrntheboyz
04-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Mike, I am having the SAME PROBLEM!!!! Did you figure it out?? If so, what did you have to do???

mike maddrell
04-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by rrntheboyz
Mike, I am having the SAME PROBLEM!!!! Did you figure it out?? If so, what did you have to do???
ended up not getting the nerfs. might get some later but not really needed right now. ill get a jet kit instead for now. post some pics if you get a set first!

rrntheboyz
04-06-2007, 09:02 PM
Mine is the 300 EX 2007, after "trying" to contact ac racing as well as going round and round with the shop we bought them at, they insisted they would fit (with the plastic heel guards as well). To make them work, Had to drill our own holes and buy longer screws!! Took a load of time but ended up looking good! You'd think for as great of a product the ac nerf's are, they'd atleast get the holes pre-drilled right.
Oh and NO trimming nec. on the heel guards, just use the spacers that come with nerf's on the one side and the heel guard makes up the difference on the other, if that makes sense.
I'll post pics for you Mike as soon as possible.