PDA

View Full Version : Greater Grand Rapids Honda Mechanic's?

RezoD
03-23-2007, 06:57 PM
I took my bike to Gar's in Grand Rapids... They ended up doing a couple of not-so-cool things, like putting my oil filter in BACKWARDS! on my 400ex. They're NOT getting my business again, and I don't suggest anyone else use them. I do need a shop to re-jet my bike though. Does anyone have a suggestion for a dealership/repair place for Honda's in the greater grand rapids area? Within 30 miles would be ideal.

Grand Rapids, MI by the way. :)

440exnacsracer
03-23-2007, 07:09 PM
perhaps you should notify their service manager of their wrongdoing. if that doesnt work, file a comlaint to honda. believe me, no dealership wants to explain to their service representative why they chose to put the filter in backwards lol. keep in mind they are liable for any wrongdoing and i would definately check for engine damage

EX lvr
03-23-2007, 08:21 PM
better off finding a small engine shop where youknow the builder. but id check out Village motorsports. they did some head work on my 300. its on plainfield if u know where that is

RezoD
03-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Yep, I know right where Village is. My dad bought a snowmobile from them, and they had GREAT service.

I called Gar's back about the filter yesterday when I first found it. They said that the filter being in backwards wouldn't have caused anything in the lower end to go out, and that I have no way of proving that they put the filter in backwards. They said that I've had the bike long enough that I could have easily done it myself... Why the eff would I do that?

I didn't think about filing a complaint with Honda.. I might do that. If my clutch hadn't blown out, I could have easily locked up my upper end. WEAK!

I'll give Village a call next week when I get my bike buttoned back up... Thanks for the reply guys. :)

440exnacsracer
03-26-2007, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by RezoD

I called Gar's back about the filter yesterday when I first found it. They said that the filter being in backwards wouldn't have caused anything in the lower end to go out,

well with a comment like that, i would take it somewhere else anyway. thats like saying running it with no oil wont hurt anything, because essentially, thats whats happening. but o well, good luck finding better service and sorry to hear you had to deal with people like that.

400EXTRA
03-27-2007, 04:20 PM
find a honda dealership and take it there up there there must be alot of them good luck

HPIcamaross
03-29-2007, 08:03 AM
oh no, your scaring me saying that,,,i just brought mine to gars on tuesday for the engine and clutch to be rebuilt.

440exnacsracer
03-30-2007, 01:26 AM
go pick it up and ship the motor to us her in georgia....honda of statesboro lol.

HPIcamaross
03-30-2007, 07:55 PM
LOL i would but that is just it...i had them do the work cause i was too lazy this time...shipping it all to you would be even more work! Turns out there service was awesome and nice and cheap. This is the second time i have had it serviced and they got the job done

Shrk352
04-01-2007, 12:02 AM
M&M Honda in Kalamazoo is a good place to go. I haven't had them do anything major except for mounting tires and stuff cause I cant afford dealers labor prices. But I buy all my parts there, the guys in the parts department know their stuff. Ive had friends get work done there with no complaints.
Take 131-south to 94-east, 94 to Sprinkle, head north on sprinkle about 2 miles.
http://www.mmcycle.com/