PDA

View Full Version : Just got my ltr!!!!

quadman108
03-23-2007, 04:14 PM
whats up guys just got my ltr450 and i heard this is the best place to talk about it! can u guys/girls help me out with websites or places i can check out to buy parts for my quad!!! i live in New York!

csimp3
03-23-2007, 07:42 PM
sweet, congrats dude. this is a very good site for quads in general, any kind, there are a ton of really helpful people here with lots of knowledge to share, but also, check out this site, ******** .com, they have alot of people that know alot about the ltr, have fun!

csimp3
03-23-2007, 07:43 PM
ok, lets try that again, here, just take out the spaces, l t r 4 5 0 h q . c o m

suzukiray
03-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Welcome to the site! And congrats on getting your LTR! First thing, 13 tooth front sprocket. Second, Cherry Bomb, no air box lid,& remove spark arrester from muffler. Third, get 20 inch rear tires! Good luck, Ray.

LTandRaptorider
03-23-2007, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by csimp3
ok, lets try that again, here, just take out the spaces, l t r 4 5 0 h q . c o m

Yes, they have become a little ******y on here about posting other websites... :rolleyes: That is a good site you posted for the LT-R450. ;)

Welcome to the LTR world! It's a great quad. Also, listen to the advice given by suzukiray. In adition, if you woods ride get better skid protection. And when you remove the airbox lid, get an after market air filter. The stock filter doesn't last long after a couple cleanings. Be careful when changing the oil filter that you don't lose the o-ring on the back of the filter!

Have fun, you'll love this quad! ;)

DVXracer
03-24-2007, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by suzukiray
Welcome to the site! And congrats on getting your LTR! First thing, 13 tooth front sprocket. Second, Cherry Bomb, no air box lid,& remove spark arrester from muffler. Third, get 20 inch rear tires! Good luck, Ray.

everyhting he siad but dont do the sproket or tires, annywho if you need sites for parts you can go to www.magicracing.com www.rockymountainatv.com www.albaaction.com www.kankatv.com www.motosport.com ect.

congras with the 450 ! i love mine have fun with yours:cool:

quadman108
03-24-2007, 03:25 PM
thank you thank you! and where can i buy some plastics for this quad? front racing plastics?

csimp3
03-24-2007, 04:04 PM
maier and fullbore both make plastics for the ltr, i dont know if fullbore has theirs up on their website yet, but if you do a search of the ltr section, someone posted up pics of em a while back

suzukiray
03-25-2007, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by DVXracer
everyhting he siad but dont do the sproket or tires, annywho if you need sites for parts you can go to www.magicracing.com www.rockymountainatv.com www.albaaction.com www.kankatv.com www.motosport.com ect.

congras with the 450 ! i love mine have fun with yours:cool: If you aren't an MXer, trust me, 13 tooth front sprocket & 20 inch rear tires. Especially if you are trail riding! 20 inch tires for ground clearance & 13 tooth to bring the gear ratio back to stock. Also, get a good rear skidplate as the stock stuff is really LAME! Ray.

quadman108
03-25-2007, 01:18 AM
im doing mx!!!!

DVXracer
03-25-2007, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by suzukiray
If you aren't an MXer, trust me, 13 tooth front sprocket & 20 inch rear tires. Especially if you are trail riding! 20 inch tires for ground clearance & 13 tooth to bring the gear ratio back to stock. Also, get a good rear skidplate as the stock stuff is really LAME! Ray.

yeah im doing mx

KingpinsEx
03-29-2007, 09:57 AM
Ya i have noticed there actually isn't a rear swingarm skid stock on them, WTF? I know its designed for mx but i would think that even on a track you would need to protect your linkage from the occassional big rock or whatever...why is this for weight reasons?

LTR450_#67
03-29-2007, 01:01 PM
Congrats on your new love. The stock tires aren't bad but once they lose the sharp edge they are pretty much worthless. Don't bother with getting a slip-on it's not much better than the stock exhaust. Getting an aftermarket filter would be a good thing. Intake kits such as the Pro Design, Mod Quad, an others that are similar don't give any big gains neither (actually none). The only benefit from them is they have a better clamping set-up for a forsure seal. Oh and another thing that could save you a ton is a shift pin relocator bracket. In motocross I am pretty sure you'll want this cuz you're always jammin on the shifter. I seen a guy accidentally land on his shifter and bust the pin in the case, causing an expensive bill.

There is a ton more of info on the HQ website and you will find that out once you go there.

They keep the sprocket and brake rotor guards that small probably for weight reasons and plus if you had a full swingarm skid you would get hung up in the ruts that can develope. And for a linkage guard...I have never been to a MX track where there are big enough rocks or boulders laying in the middle of the track, so I would say its nothing to worry about.

later
Aaron