PDA

View Full Version : Does This Sound About Right?

ShiftFMX
03-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Well, Its warming up...Time to Change Jetting!

This Past winter I was running a 185 and no lid. Today I swapped it out for a 180 and put my HRC lid on. It runs Great, But I just want to make sure that i'm not leaning it out.

I think i'm gonna go pick up a new plug and run that for a few minutes and then check the color, would that give me the best judgment?

division4thor
03-23-2007, 04:52 PM
umm i dont no why your would go smaller in the summer and bigger in the winter.... run no air box lid all the time and i was running a 180 in the winter and it was running good and now im running a 185 bc of the summer....

GPracer2500
03-23-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by division4thor
umm i dont no why your would go smaller in the summer and bigger in the winter.... run no air box lid all the time and i was running a 180 in the winter and it was running good and now im running a 185 bc of the summer....

He's going to smaller jets in warmer temps because he understands the fundamentals of jetting.

division4thor
03-23-2007, 05:25 PM
so are you saying i dont understand the fundamentals of jetting?bc i guess if your saying that to me you should go talk to the guys a rossier engineering bc there the ones who told me to put a hrc jet kit in my quad.....

CHEVYZ
03-23-2007, 05:32 PM
What? Anyway he is right...you run smaller jets in warmer temperatures.

ShiftFMX, sounds OK to me! Besides, the best way to tell is by testing and tuning, and if seems to be doing well you are probably fine.

ShiftFMX
03-23-2007, 05:43 PM
I talked to Joe @ Rossier on the Phone and he told me to run a 185 in the winter and a 180 in the summer.

division4thor
03-23-2007, 08:08 PM
well then you should probly do that bc im running rossier exhuast no air box lid and a stage 2 hot cam thats why he told me to run the hrc jet kit...

ONEFASTR
03-23-2007, 11:47 PM
Air is more dense or thicker in the winter than it is in the summer, this means that the motor will get a higher volume in the cold air.
so you need a bigger jet in the winter, summer air is thin and less dense. less air less jet.

4bidden
03-24-2007, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by ONEFASTR
Air is less dense or thinner in the winter than it is in the summer, this means that the motor will get a higher volume in the cold air.
so you need a bigger jet in the winter, summer air is heavy and moves slower. less flow less jet.

Almost!

Cold air = more dense = bigger jet needed to match denser air
Hot air = less dense = smaller jet to match less dense air

Its the same concept of why hot air rises.

ONEFASTR
03-24-2007, 09:13 AM
yea thats what i said! lol!!! knew it diddent look wright but its been a wile.