PDA

View Full Version : crf starter on trx?

450raider
03-23-2007, 12:43 PM
ok i know iv posted more than enough of these estart questions but you know those crf-X dirtbikes, like the r's but with estart ('02-'05 i think im not to sure of theyre debut year) well it seems to me that the motors in them and in the early trx's are pretty much the same so does anyone think the estart parts off of it would work?

i was thinking if i should even post this or not but iv read plenty about (less attractive) alternatives, but i dont beleive anybodies thought about an older crf-X yet.

thanks

speedfreaksguy
03-23-2007, 12:52 PM
The CRF and (04-05)TRX motors are not as similar as you think. The conversion wouldn't work.

TWILES
03-23-2007, 01:35 PM
2005 was the first year for the crf450x. They haven't gone over very good.

450raider
03-23-2007, 08:17 PM
ok thanks for the replies, now my way of thinking was that since the yfz came out honda got in a hurry and just put an R motor on an atv frame with few mods- still very similar to an crf R or X but probably not as similar as im thinkin, so i guess ill try to email some kind of honda customer service and get them to just make a kit as an alternative to trading off so i guess if a loyal customer like me from recon to rancher to foreman to 250r to 400ex to 450R, cant see improvement by mid summer then ill see how zuke handles things.

once again, thanks for the replys everyone.