PDA

View Full Version : Worried about my girl..What should i do?

krt400ex
03-23-2007, 11:01 AM
ok, so last tuesday i met this girl. we ended up talking for like 2 1/2 hrs. by wednesday we're holding hands and thats basically how it started.

anyway, she lives in canada and she had to go back this monday which sucks...last night she called me upset and i was like "ok, just talk to me"

so it turns out she is in alot of pain. she said it was in her heart. she said that it happens often and that she will start to feel anxious and then she feels like she cant breathe...and then her heart hurts...like physically hurts.

so i was like "you need to see a doctor" . well i find out that im the first one she has told and that it has been going on since last summer often...like once a week or more... she doesnt want to tell anyone...nor does she want me to say anything to anyone....but she needs to go to a doctor...this is not something that is good. the thing is though...im 14 hrs away and cant make her go to the doctor...i dont kno her parents, and besides that they speak french so i cant talk to them anyway...so idk what to do except pray...

anyone have any ideas?

Honda#4
03-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Sorry to hear that bro, but you have to get her to tell her parents about this, a heart problem is something you don't want to leave unsaid.

troyleepred719
03-23-2007, 11:21 AM
Tell the parents, but dont worry. This sounds to me, like a panic-anxiety disorder, in which most teenage girls get. Although I cant guarantee you that is the problem, its was it sounds like.

Nac's22
03-23-2007, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by troyleepred719
Tell the parents, but dont worry. This sounds to me, like a panic-anxiety disorder, in which most teenage girls get. Although I cant guarantee you that is the problem, its was it sounds like.

yup my girl gets them too. the first one that she had we took her strait to the doctors. she really does need to go b/c it could be something worse and nobody will know what to do if something does happen b/c they dont know what it is. really push her to see a doctor man.

krt400ex
03-23-2007, 12:15 PM
thanks. i will. that is what i was thinking too

crazedape
03-23-2007, 12:39 PM
It could also be extreme heart burn with acid reflux. That is also a very real possibility.

krt400ex
03-23-2007, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by crazedape
It could also be extreme heart burn with acid reflux. That is also a very real possibility.

but why would that continue for almost a yr? heart burn is usually from things that you eat...she eats very healthy, so i couldn't see it

bwamos
03-23-2007, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex
but why would that continue for almost a yr? heart burn is usually from things that you eat...she eats very healthy, so i couldn't see it

Acid reflux can last a lifetime and cause some serious damage over the long term if not cared for. It's not "just heartburn".

It's a weakened muscle at the top of your stomach that leaks stomach acids back into your esophagus and can cause damage to the esophagus lining. It can cause major chest pains.

Very general info. I'm no expert on it by any means. But, my father has had acid reflux for 20+ years that he has to take medication once a day for.

FourFiftyFour
03-23-2007, 01:13 PM
I have acid reflux really badly and I just started taking medicine for it.. It got so bad that I felt like throwing up all the time..and everytime before I raced or anytime I got anxious or nervous I would have to try not to throw up. Most likely its something like that and she needs to be on medicine..its not bad you just take a pill once a day.

troyleepred719
03-23-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by FourFiftyFour
I have acid reflux really badly and I just started taking medicine for it.. It got so bad that I felt like throwing up all the time..and everytime before I raced or anytime I got anxious or nervous I would have to try not to throw up. Most likely its something like that and she needs to be on medicine..its not bad you just take a pill once a day.

that could also be it. GIRD, as its called, is an acid reflux disease, where she will get upset stomach, and intense heart burn, very often, its a disease that last a lifetime, but is fixed by a pill.

krt400ex
03-23-2007, 01:27 PM
possibilities, possibilities...i guess i gotta convince her to go to a doctor and get checked out

HtFoxChick
03-23-2007, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by troyleepred719

I agree with you! Anxiety attack!!

orca0294
03-23-2007, 05:58 PM
its an anxiety attack - I had them for a few weeks. Usually a lot of people around me would trigger it and I don't really know how it came about or how they stopped but thats the same symptoms I had.

mitch91
03-23-2007, 06:04 PM
Hm, were in Canada is she?

I dono but are you just going to talk to her on the phone for the rest of your life? Is she comeing back or was she on vacation?

mephyst
03-23-2007, 06:18 PM
You've known this girl less than a week?? lol.

troutman561
03-23-2007, 07:47 PM
Yea she needs to see a doctor for sure to make ...

On the other hand, dont get involved with a girl that lives that far away.. in another country too..... all it will cause is for you to get feelings for someone with whom you can never have a relationship with and in turn you can miss good opportunities right there in your own town if they come around...

BuB400
03-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Maybe its that diesase called "somebody needs attention" or "Look at me syndrome"

Honda#4
03-23-2007, 09:52 PM
On the other hand, dont get involved with a girl that lives that far away.. in another country too..... all it will cause is for you to get feelings for someone with whom you can never have a relationship with and in turn you can miss good opportunities right there in your own town if they come around...

I hate to say this but he's right on this, unless your willing to move by her. I know this cus i'm on my second relationship like this except the girl lives in the U.S

This is really funny but for some crazy reason I can only get girls in other states but not in mine. Thats what happens when you do online dating.

Quad18star
03-23-2007, 11:55 PM
My guess , is that she's from Quebec . Sorry to say it bud , but don't be wasting your time over a weekend puppy love . Chances are you'll never see this girl again in your life . Are you willing to move ? Is she willing to move ? Long distance relationships hardly ever work .... let alone long distance relationships in different countries .

krt400ex
03-24-2007, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by mitch91
Hm, were in Canada is she?

I dono but are you just going to talk to her on the phone for the rest of your life? Is she comeing back or was she on vacation?

shes coming back for the summer...she was here for her spring break. she comes here almost every summer, so its not like im never gonna see her again

she is from quebec.

krt400ex
03-24-2007, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Honda#4
I hate to say this but he's right on this, unless your willing to move by her. I know this cus i'm on my second relationship like this except the girl lives in the U.S

This is really funny but for some crazy reason I can only get girls in other states but not in mine. Thats what happens when you do online dating.

lol, i didnt meet her online though

and bub400...it is neither of the syndromes you described

jcv400ex
03-24-2007, 09:22 AM
You held hands and now she's "my girl" :confused: :confused: That's funny...

krt400ex
03-24-2007, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
You held hands and now she's "my girl" :confused: :confused: That's funny...

no...that is just how it started...i didnt ask you to critisize me...i asked for ideas about what could be wrong....

03-24-2007, 11:42 AM
If shes in canada she gets free health insurance so why not go?

krt400ex
03-24-2007, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Polak1035
If shes in canada she gets free health insurance so why not go?

she is shy and doesn't like to tell people about stuff. she also said that she "wishes she was stronger" . so i think that maybe she is trying to be strong...idk

Warlord
03-24-2007, 04:08 PM
Is it possible that she is just telling you this for the attention? I bet she wants you to worry and think about her all the time. This is how she can make sure you will always give her attention and keep in touch. It wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened to a guy.

krt400ex
03-24-2007, 07:05 PM
well it happened again tonight...after she got into an arguement with her mom...and last time it happened she had just had an arguement with her mom too....idk...i guess it is just anxiety or somethin

mephyst
03-24-2007, 07:20 PM
Dump her and move on.

krt400ex
03-25-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by mephyst
Dump her and move on.

nope...

JJs450r
03-25-2007, 05:19 PM
well i dont know if it could be related or anything but when i was about 12 i used to get really bad chest pains so we went ot the doctor and they did all kinds of test on me it turned out my heart was growing faster then my chest cavity causing the pressure on my heart could be the same thing who knows