PDA

View Full Version : Ballance wraps up GNCC title #3

CPW
10-07-2002, 08:29 AM
This weekend at The St. Clairsville GNCC LRD's Bill Ballance put the wraps on his third consecutive GNCC title. The race was won by Team Safari's Matt Smiley, but Ballance charged back from 10th place after changing a flat tire to finish just inches behind. Needing only a 9th or better th win the championship, many thought that Bill would put it on cruise control, but in true championship winning form he fought to the last turn , nearly making it by Matt in the last few turns. Look for Bill to be really on the Gas at the Ironman in two weeks, as this remains one of the only tracks at which he has never won an event.

Razorback
10-07-2002, 08:41 AM
wow, when the season first started, yoakley look unstoppable. then ballance kicked it in gear.

i'm so happy for smiley. he's finished 2nd so many times and you could tell, at least on tv, that he's been really frustrated by not being able to win one. he seems like such a good guy, so i'm glad he got his win.

thanks for the update.

MEL
10-07-2002, 06:54 PM
any predictions on what ballance will run? i think he'll run his r since he's never won the ironman. why take a chance with a quad hes not used to.

cdalejef
10-07-2002, 08:02 PM
He's been riding Brad Page's LTZ alot at home and turning the same lap times as on his R!:huh

trx400ex
10-07-2002, 08:14 PM
ballance is good, but i hope yokley wins the ironman,, who all is going? im gonna head up there sat. probably

indygncc
10-07-2002, 08:17 PM
I know that he will be on a 4 stroke at Ironman again. I cant say 100% sure. But as close to sure as possible. Jim Lewis has a totally tricked out LTZ that has not even been riden yet. Look for him to be on that. Like Jeff said about the same lap times. I personally saw him do that when I was down at Pages place.
The LTZ was all stock except for a pipe and axis fronts w/ an ELKA rear. Bill could not hardly believe that he ran the same on a stock bike compared to his LRD framed racer. The coarse was really tight though, that makes a difference from a 2 stroke and 4 stroke. I dont think it matters what he rides, he is going to be crazy fast!

Pappy
10-07-2002, 08:22 PM
balance is the man .....no doubt. i once joked about tying a rope to his grab bar and atleast finishing second....lol but after seeing him ride....i dont think i wanna go thru the woods that fast:huh

muddog
10-08-2002, 12:21 PM
I went to the St. Clairsville race, and overheard Ballance and Gallager talking after the race. Bill will race a a fourstroke at Ironman, but it is not an LTZ it is a 400ex that Rocky Ridge owns. He wants to pass all the pro's, and win the overall without the time correction. Also Johnny will ride Bill's LRD two stroke, and Bill thinks that if Johnny gets on a good bike he should finish on the podium!!!

10-08-2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by muddog
I went to the St. Clairsville race, and overheard Ballance and Gallager talking after the race. Bill will race a a fourstroke at Ironman, but it is not an LTZ it is a 400ex that Rocky Ridge owns. He wants to pass all the pro's, and win the overall without the time correction. Also Johnny will ride Bill's LRD two stroke, and Bill thinks that if Johnny gets on a good bike he should finish on the podium!!!

We'll I've rode a pissed off 400ex that rocky ridge racing built and he shouldn't have a problem running with anything out there..

Extremeracer167
10-08-2002, 12:53 PM
I know JG is VERY possible of gettin on the podium! Dang it Johnny, u shoulda let me start ya when u were getting the thing warmed up!! lol I guess ill have to tune the thing in for you!!;)