PDA

View Full Version : kenda radials: the best tires i've ever run?

Dr89
03-22-2007, 06:23 PM
I just bought a set of the kenda radials and got them in tuesday. after 4 and half hours of 4 guys, 11 screwdrivers, a power drill, 2 crow bars, tin snips, 3 pairs of wire cutters, a hand grinder, and a ton of Joy, we got the old kenda klaws off and the radials on.
NOTE: IF YOU JUST BOUGHT NEW TIRES, TAKE THEM SOMEWHERE TO GET THEM PUT ON!
anyways, i spent a couple hours today test riding them and they are some amazing tires...it just rained today before i got home so it was wet, slippery, and muddy. the trails consisted of some very long, muddy, wooded uphill runs, some very steep and slippery uphills, rocky creeks, roots, and i ran them around a dirt track with some sharp slippery turns and the tires didnt hang me up even once. they left nothing to be desired, they slid incredibly predictably and only when i wanted them to, i honestly couldnt believe how great they worked.
The reason im writing a semi-review of these is because i havent heard anything about them and when i searched them i couldnt really find much about them so i didnt really know what to expect but i couldnt have asked for better. if you have any questions let me know...
In conclusion i've ran razrs, tamers, klaws, knarlys, and plenty of stockers and these are BY FAR the best tires i've ever had on one of my quads.

Dr89
03-22-2007, 06:27 PM
rear view

Dr89
03-22-2007, 06:31 PM
not to mention they look BAD as HELL!

tmoney
03-22-2007, 06:58 PM
they better be damn good after all the blood sweat and tears that went into changing them

deathman53
03-22-2007, 06:59 PM
you obvously don't know how to mount tires very good. I can do it myself without any problem(yes, even grooved radials). Invest ~$60 for a bead breaker, get three long tire irons and get a good supply of dish soap. After your first two, its not hard at all to do. If you don't have the right equipment, its hard to do. I mount and dismount all tires, myself.

Dr89
03-22-2007, 07:25 PM
obviously you couldnt tell by the following lines "4 guys, 11 screwdrivers, a power drill, 2 crow bars, tin snips, 3 pairs of wire cutters, a hand grinder, and a ton of Joy" that we weren't blessed with the option of using a bead breaker or tire irons. but hey gimme your address and i'll send you a medal. i even forgot to throw in two hack saws to the list, we broke the first blade.

anyways yea between the four of us we've done quite a few tires before and these were just tough...haha tmoney knows...and its true, all four of us broke blood and sweat...tears tho?? lol when they showed up to help my nose was already bleeding...? explain that one.

ckasper18
03-22-2007, 07:37 PM
What size did you get for tires nice choice on the Kendas .

Dr89
03-22-2007, 07:59 PM
the ONLY two sizes that kenda has available for the radials are 20x11x9 for the back and 22x7x10 for the fronts, and thats it so thats what i have. I was afraid the 22's would look to big for the 20's but they match great.

northwest Texas
03-22-2007, 10:33 PM
I've been curious myself as to how well they functioned as I've heard nothing about them. Have thought about them but don't need new ones yet.

Good to know there's another difficult choice in the pot to choose from. :ermm:

Dr89
03-22-2007, 10:51 PM
haha yea well if i were to ever buy tires again the choice wouldnt be difficult at all, not after running these

400exrider707
03-23-2007, 07:03 AM
You know you could have had them off a lot quicker just using a truck and a 2x4 or 2x6?

Anyways thanks for the review I too was wondering how these tires hold up. Keep us updated on how the wear out too! Thanks!

rob-u/21
03-23-2007, 10:55 AM
I'm surprised you didn't damage the tire or wheel after seeing all the tools you used.

awsomeaussies
03-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
You know you could have had them off a lot quicker just using a truck and a 2x4 or 2x6?

I just tried that last week! Worked like a charm:)

dopeyferree
03-23-2007, 02:34 PM
I just ran my first xc race on these same tires. I really like them. I did find only one minor flaw with them and I think its an easy fix. They seemed to slide a little too much on off camber hills and slick turns, I am going to groove the center lugs from front to back to gain a little more side bite. I put these tires through some nasty stuff and by far the best forward biting tire I have ever rode. I am really happy with them. :)

Dr89
03-23-2007, 11:12 PM
rob-u/21...the tires were definately in pieces by the time we were done, lol but they were crap anyways so it was all good

about the truck and board thing i've tried that more than once and cant get it to work, i've got a few friends that tried it too with no success at all...i dunno...my front wheels tho are the itp grand prix's with the rolled edge so maybe thats why they were so tough??

dopeyferre...i can see what you mean but i guess since i dont race i really liked the way they would slide when i wanted them to but gripped great too...and like any tire the rider has alot to do with how much traction you get to the ground in different areas and stuff....i couldnt be happier with them tho

Dr89
03-24-2007, 01:15 PM
it was hot and dried up so i got to test em out today on hardpack as well as loose dirt and just like in every other terrain they ate through everything i threw at them with no problems. the creek was down to so i drove them through some wet sandy spots and even in about 6-7 inches of slop i never got hung up.

interceptorz28
03-26-2007, 08:16 AM
yup, Razr2 are harder to slide in a corner. I have them front and back , but will switch to Razr1 in the back.

quadracer04
04-15-2007, 03:09 AM
How is the wear on the radials? are they an offroad or more mx type tire?

Jramion
04-15-2007, 05:17 AM
Prolly too much Vodka in those screwdrivers. Hard to work correctly when you are drunk. ;)

klutchbuster250
04-15-2007, 01:26 PM
i have a set of the front radial and they are awsome they have so much grip and the wear is awsome they will last u for ever . a dr89 ho are the back radial in mud and in rocky condidtion? i am debating wether to get the knarly xc or the radial rears once my razers run out wich i hate them they dont cach grip where i ride at

Dr89
04-18-2007, 07:26 PM
quadracer, i would say the radials are more of an offroad tire but im not saying you couldnt get by with them in mx conditions, they are great everywhere, the onlything holding them back in mx would be they only come in 20's.

klutchbuster, the back radials are absolutely rediculously great in mud and rocks and roots and stuff, pretty much all i ride in. i couldnt ask for more hook-up up goin up hills and through the mud, and amazingly enough when your trying to get the quad sideways they slide right for ya, i'll be buying more if these things ever actually wear out. haha

Sjorge450R
04-19-2007, 07:33 PM
to who was asking about the knarlys. I run them and i love them. I am running the 21" rears, but I will be soon ordering a set of these radials once I call Kenda up to see what they will cost me. If its not to be on the wallet i will grab them and a set of beadlocks so it will be easier to switch tires. But there is no way that you will get me to switch back from kenda. Best tires ever and I have run everything else possible.