PDA

View Full Version : Experinced GNCC racers "Rekluse Clutch"

Woodsracer400ex
03-22-2007, 05:32 PM
I have a 450er 06 I race XC and some southern GNCC'ss. I was considering the rekluse pro clutch, but I have no experience with it. All I have heard is that they were very complicated and had some problems in the past but I here the new system is a lot better. I'm looking for a heavier flywheel for XC but trail tech is in the process of making one. My main issue is stalling, and having to keep the quad at such high rev's. I'm coming off racing a 400ex for many years and I'm learning all the mods to the 450r. Will going down a tooth on the front help me for XC, helping fix the tall 1st gear? Also I have GT Thunder suspension and HRC kit. The only company that I have found that makes the heavier flywheel is Trail Tech and they told me it was in the process of being made, when I have no idea.

Pappy
03-22-2007, 05:37 PM
I liked my rekluse for XC. The only draw back was getting used to engine braking or lack there of if you drop below the stall speed. With E start, i would gladly run one again for XC

nicker71
03-23-2007, 12:55 PM
I was thinking about getting one for next year also. I stall out several times a race and thought if I could elimate that it would allow me to be faster. Well this year I bought a trail tech +8 oz and it seem to help a bit. I wish I would have went with the +12, because I cant tell much difference with the +8. My gearing is stock so I thought about going down a tooth next to see how I like it. I wanna go fast.

Woodsracer400ex
03-23-2007, 04:30 PM
How long ago did you buy it? Do you think it is worth the money? I really don't understand how the rekluse works if someone know the full concept some clarification would be great.

JR3
03-25-2007, 08:29 AM
The z-Start Clutch is a centrifugal clutch that uses ball bearings to engage the clutch. The clutch provides a pressure plate with ball ramps. At idle the balls are at the bottom of the ramps and the pressure plate is disengaged. As the rider increases RPM, the balls move out the ramps, push on the Rekluse top plate and force the pressure plate into the clutch pack engaging the clutch. As RPM’s build, the balls continue to move out fully engaging the clutch. When engine RPM’s are reduced the balls drop back down the ramps and the clutch disengages. The take-off is smooth as if you had perfectly feathered the clutch every time. The disengagement is quick eliminating any stalls.