PDA

View Full Version : TCS/Herrman or TCS/Houser or TCS/Leagers

Sparks425Ex
10-07-2002, 05:02 AM
I plan on getting some TCS shocks this winter.

If i get the TCS/Herrman i will get a Long Travel Shocks and Long Travel +3 A arms

If ig et TCS/Houser i will get normal travel with +2 A arms

And the Same goes for TC/Leager.

I race onmy MX and Do some Freestyle.

Post PIcs of TCS with Long TRavel A arms adn TCS without Long Travel A arms.

I have only seen TCS on long travel a arms adn need an idea of how they will look on +2 a arms

O yeah and People are telling me don;t get normal travel it isn;t good. Well i wanna know if i will be almost as happy with normal travel.

I mean isn;t Long Travel Basiclly for jumping?

Thanks Guys

10-07-2002, 10:12 AM
go with herrmann. definately long travel

Sparks425Ex
10-07-2002, 06:37 PM
Com'on guys I need some help.

Razorback
10-07-2002, 06:40 PM
i have houser +2 with regular travel elka shocks and am VERY happy, however, given your choices, i would also do the herrmann with long travel. everything i read says that's a great setup for mx. i'm real happy with my setup though.

[edit] if you do go with the +3 setup, then you'll probably want to run inside offset rims or you'll be too wide.

Sparks425Ex
10-07-2002, 06:48 PM
I talked to Mity Mo and he is running the same set up i am thinkin about. I am also thinking that the 150 to 200 buck i will save can go towards my engine or my rear shock. or Towards my Brake Lines.

The Herrman do not look that good from what i have seen. They seem to be good quality but they look dorta weird.(Like on MXbubs quad.)

If I stay with normal travel and +2 a arms I will run +2+3 rims.

I am not sure if i stay with normal travel to go with either Houser or Leager.

Which does everyone think is better?

If i get Leagers i will be getting the ones that Nacs Sells for $577.50

stocktires
10-08-2002, 10:21 AM
As of right now, Im steering towards LT TCS/herrmann (for myself).
I was gonna get houser/elka, but the elka's have a few problems and the Houser LT a-arms could be designed much better.
Don't go cheap on suspension!

Razorback
10-08-2002, 10:48 AM
houser builds quality products, no question about it. i've read about how he builds things, and i don't think you can go wrong with them.

you might also think about JD performance arms. good quality and you would save another $100 or so. i've heard the guy that builds the JD's came from one of the other major builders, laeger's i think, but i could be wrong on that.

beerock
10-08-2002, 11:01 AM
I voted for the long travels, there really not built weird, they actually resemble the lobo 2 front end.....

if i had a choice between the other 2 it would definately be the laegers!

but the long travel is the best way to go.

Bean
10-08-2002, 07:48 PM
i would prob go wit the laegers, they are MY personal favorite, but it would be laeger, herrmmann, and then houser, in that order prob

NTPRacing#19
10-10-2002, 08:41 AM
I have JD Performance +2 a arms for my 400ex and those things are TuFF!! i run Works tiple rates with rezzis not the greatest shocks but they hold up. I got my a arms shipped for $480!! JD also treats you well also.

But the setup you want is so sick i woudl love to have a TCS/Houser setup. Houser has really good quality a arms! They also have long travel a arms check them out

Dave400ex
10-10-2002, 05:21 PM
Could just get you some Walsh Arms.