PDA

View Full Version : YFZ Motors

gamberc
03-22-2007, 01:03 PM
I have heard that some of the YFZ motors have troubles blowing up is this true? im new to racing quads but deffinaty not new to qauds. I just want to know what year it happens if its fixed whats the whole deal

nicker71
03-22-2007, 01:14 PM
Ive heard about some crank failure on lower hours motors on the the 04 05 yfz. I have a 05 with about 100 hours and never had a problem with it. Im on my second season with the motor it still runs great and I run the @#$% out of it. I change the oil often and keep the air filter clean. they change the motors in 06 and I havent heard any kind of problem of them blowing up. I have also heard the honda had some sorta problems with their crank in the first two model years of the 450R.

YFZ450Ridr
03-22-2007, 03:51 PM
my motor went about 2 months ago, same with my buddies 04 450r. funny thing is they blew within about a week of each other. same thing happened. the rod bearing went and cracked the rod, effing up the crank in the process. i got a new stock crank and a new namura piston along with a valve job and it runs great!

change the oil in the first signs of it getting dirty and keep the filter clean! ive ridden mine every weekend for 4 weeks in a row and it runs extremly well each time with the fresh motor.

yfzttracer76
03-22-2007, 04:08 PM
there were troubles when they first came out because people were trying different tthings to them to make the motors better. I ve had 3 yfz of all different years and none of them have blown up