PDA

View Full Version : Is Changing Clutch Plates Hard?

10-24-2001, 01:22 PM
I was trying to pull one of my friends out of a mud hole after a few minutes I gave up. But my clutch felt screwed. It would not even begin to roll until the clutch was 90% of the way out. I have never messed with the clutch before, but am willing to try, especially after finding out it cost $130 in labor to have the new plates and springs put in! First I would like to know if it is really the clutch, and if so should it just be the plates and springs needing to be changed if that is the case. Also how difficult a job is it and any special tools needed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

10-24-2001, 01:29 PM
I'm working on my clutch right now on my 300ex. They are all basically the same. It sounds like your cable just needs to be adjusted. If that doesn't help, then changing your clutch plates is pretty easy and straight forward. No special tools needed. I can have mine changed in about 30-45 minutes. If your pretty good with tools, then get yourself a manual and you should be able to do it yourself and save big $$$.

JabberJaw
10-24-2001, 01:46 PM
It's as easy as farting!

FlyinRed
10-24-2001, 01:54 PM
It's not even that hard. The second R in R&R stands for Reinstall. You ever Reinstall a fart?:confused:

MOFO
10-24-2001, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by FlyinRed
It's not even that hard. The second R in R&R stands for Reinstall. You ever Reinstall a fart?:confused:

Oh boy...I wanna see this answer... LOL :)

Eric

WB400ex
10-24-2001, 09:08 PM
just try adjusting your clutch.

crday98
10-25-2001, 08:58 AM
if it is the clutch,i would recomment the Barnett Dirt Digger clutch kit from Marcums ATV.look to save about $45 over anyone elses price.it is not a hard job nor a long one.i found my biggest pain in the *** was getting the gasket to sit right and finding which bolts went where when putting the side cover back on.i did have them laid out in order but my buddy accidentaly mixed them up:grr that bast**d:D