PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Riders!!

lamar76
03-22-2007, 04:16 AM
Hey anyone close to columbus Ohio no of any good places to Ride???

mxraptor149
03-22-2007, 11:19 AM
Well, Wayne National Forest is close to you, but as far as it being a good place to ride, that's subjective.

Check out the Rumble on the Ridge at the Shortcreek Sportsman's Club in Adena, Ohio. Bit of a drive for you (maybe 1 1/2 hours) but well worth it. The first ride this year is April 14.

bigpidge
03-22-2007, 01:02 PM
we have been to wayne we like tracks better so we have to go from newark ohio to cinci to ride just thought their maybe somewhere close we didnt know about

twj74
04-11-2007, 05:42 PM
To the best of my knowledge Columbus doesn't offer any places to ride. The closest is Wanye Nation Forest. Other spots in ohio but would be a bit of a drive is:
Elson Street Ride Park and Track...Waynesburg, Ohio..south of Canton, Oh
Crows Canyon... in Urichsville, Oh...Trails, adult track and Pee-Wee Track.
The Forbidden Zone...in Wellsville, Oh while it last, they are slowly closing the place down...
Hopedale Sportsman Club...only offer rides four times a year.
Rumble on the Ridge...Adena, OH
Perry State Forest

You should also check out Atv Clubs in Ohio thru atvsource.com to find more riding areas. Souther Ohio Atv Club is in Chillicothe, Oh and Wayne Couty Atv Club in Wooster, Oh are two good clubs that I'm aware of hope this helps.

450Rfutureracer
04-14-2007, 03:24 PM
wayne is the closest i know of but anyone got some more information on the places above? websites, addressess, anything

Resq
04-16-2007, 07:47 AM
Perry apv, new lexington Ohio

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/forestry/forests/perry.htm

States only 16 miles of trails, but its the only place held by the state that is public, and you can ride anywhere, OFFTRIAIL as long as its within the atv riding area.

To ride it all will take a full day. Keep in mind that its more for 4x4 now days, its a mess and full of holes and ruts. Nothing has been done to the trails except for some large stones near the bridge in the pines at the end of the parking lot. Granted some small areas for sportquads, along with some hills.

No riding at dark, no camping. A camp ground is located at the sunoco station at the top of the hill on RT 345. Dont know the price, the station and grounds are up for sale so I'm not sure if they even offer camping this year.

R.

Thomas 5969
04-21-2007, 04:33 PM
four seasons is an amaizing campground with 20+ miles of well kept trails with 2 swimming pools(indoor and out) a fishing lake jsut stocked with 300 trout, and motocross track, and mud drags!

www.campfourseasonsresort.com