PDA

View Full Version : Best exhaust for 07' Raptor 700???

djguestone
03-22-2007, 12:47 AM
A friend just picked up a 2007 700 Raptor and looking for an exhaust. What's the best product out there right now.
What are you Raptor riders running?? Which Slip-On or which full exhaust do you have on your bike?
What Hp increase are we looking at & oh yeah.. Want a roaring sound out that pipe too!!

Feel free to drop in with your thoughts, web links, pictures, prices etc..
Got one for sale? Might just buy if you got something good.

Thanks!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/DjGuestOne/Gorman%20Trails/GormanTrails056.jpg

03-22-2007, 01:40 AM
You can find this set up on ebay most of the time its under $700 i think $640 with shipping.Its what i will be getting soon anuff.Full exhaust ,controller and filter set up.

PimpC
03-23-2007, 03:51 AM
you need to look into that LTE setup. Dual pipes on the raptor looks badass. think the website is www.lteracing.com

True Blue
03-23-2007, 09:20 AM
LTE's are a waste of alot of money. Yeah they look awesome but the pipes aren't that good. Heard of people having them and they look and work good for a couple of months and then that's it. HMF is one of the best pipes. With the setup shown is what I have on my bike, I picked up 12 hp with it. I do have a HMF full system for sale right now, it is candy blue. A friend and I are going to make custom duals for my bike, thats the only reason I am getting rid of it. I personally don't think you will go wrong with an HMF, and its one of the loudest pipes out there if thats what your looking for.

djguestone
03-23-2007, 10:39 AM
Thanks alot for the input guys. Still doing more research. What do you think about the Yoshimura Slip On??

djguestone
03-25-2007, 01:51 PM
Wow... I thought for sure I'd get more responses from this site. Any other Rappy riders out there??

Do you guys know who makes a spark arrestor for the Trinity Exhaust? http://www.worldwideperformance1.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=WWP&Product_Code=2GE700SSP&Category_Code=TRINITY-RACING

chadalac1992
03-28-2007, 10:41 PM
i have a hmf and it works great its everything you said you wanted in a pipe i would recommend it

440_Turtle
03-30-2007, 07:35 AM
i went with the Alba Racing performance kit and love it, the power difference is a big kick in the pants!. Good quality and easy to tune.

roc64
03-31-2007, 07:02 PM
I love my GYTR Pipe! But if I were to do it again, I would have to take a long look at the Barker Duals!

440_Turtle
04-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Barker, drag pipes make teh most hp, and they have just came out with their in frame duals which are suppose to be the hot $hit ! Stay away from Looney Tunez, lots of fittment issues. Also look into the DMC dual systems, they are a really nice piece.

Krandall
04-03-2007, 03:43 PM
I currently have an HMF Full setup, but I just purchased a set of Barkers in-frames!!!! MORE POWER!!! :eek2:

TheNewn
04-08-2007, 01:42 AM
My dad recently got some LTE's dual set up. A bit expensive i'd say, but they look/sound absolutely bad ***. we dont really have access to a dyno living on an Island in Alaska. My dad is pretty happy with them.

He did have some fitment issues with the clearing the shock at first. had to ding in the header to get enough room in between.

The other issue he had, was with the new Elka shocks he got, the remote res's line on the rear was a pretty tight fit, and he had to take a side of the exhaust off to get the res through, but i guess thats a problem with all dual exhausts.

I'd say for 640 bucks, that HMF kit that was posted earlier is probably the best deal i've seen. Anything under 700 for that is really good.

havn2muchfun
04-09-2007, 08:11 PM
I just installed Barker's on mine, just started it tonight. Sound's very nice :devil: . A little more work than a single, but I'm guessing that no single can flow like these do!

Mean250r
04-22-2007, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by djguestone
A friend just picked up a 2007 700 Raptor and looking for an exhaust. What's the best product out there right now.
What are you Raptor riders running?? Which Slip-On or which full exhaust do you have on your bike?
What Hp increase are we looking at & oh yeah.. Want a roaring sound out that pipe too!!

Feel free to drop in with your thoughts, web links, pictures, prices etc..
Got one for sale? Might just buy if you got something good.

Thanks!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/DjGuestOne/Gorman%20Trails/GormanTrails056.jpg

You want a roaring sound?? check out n motion! Heres a pic on my YFZ

scandalouscp
04-25-2007, 06:54 PM
I just got the DMc Dual Exhaust. It is way cool. Looks awesome, sounds awesome, and adds a ton of horsepower, especially if you include the EFI Control Modulator. Good luck and enjoy!

fatazzwarrior
04-26-2007, 09:34 PM
I have a yoshi RS7 slip on. Love the looks and the sound. It really barks with the spark arrestor out.
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s226/slamdam97/DSC01875.jpg

orozcotbkk
04-27-2007, 12:25 AM
I too am in too am in the same boat. I am looking for the best pipe for my raptor. I have a brand new 07 raptor 700se Blue and white. found a pipe shoot out from atv mag and it was rather unconclusive. didnt seem like they gave results on a even playing field. some had lid on some had lid off. some had exhaust and chip and others did not. To be honest I just want a pipe that is going to give good power and good sound. do I need to remap or not? new to atv'ing. help

fatazzwarrior
04-27-2007, 08:43 AM
You definitely should remap. Raptors are lean right from the factory. If you don't plan on doing extensive engine work I would recomend getting a simple EFI controller like the dobeck TFI. I picked mine up barely used for $110. The PCIII is probably the best controller I know of, they can be had for around $250. The PCIII gives you more adjustability but you have to download maps from your computer. With the TFI you just turn 4 screws to adjust it. I emailed dobeck and they recomended settings based on my setup.

onsite
05-01-2007, 04:25 PM
AC RACING DUAL EXHAUST SYSTEM

Robin Hood
05-02-2007, 09:26 PM
Trinity has a package with the pipe, EFI controller, and a filter I believe. My friend brought his 700 up with the kit on it and I couldn't believe the power/sound. Loud pipe but produces all the power you would ever want.

DESDAK4
05-03-2007, 04:59 PM
here (http://www.bluetraxx.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=87776)

These are probably the best out followed closely by the LTE pipes.

Jay

TYayo420
05-18-2007, 06:20 AM
hey guys, i know this is a old thread, but what happens if i take the end cap off of my fmf pipe? anything or is bad for the motor?