PDA

View Full Version : Trail Riding Near San Francisco, Ca?

strnge
03-22-2007, 12:26 AM
I grew up in Alaska and I LOVE trail riding.

Where is there to go with miles and miles of trail riding?

Anyone interested in going?

I have no clue where to go in the San Francisco Bay Area. I heard Carnegie is good. Anyone been there? How big is it? I want to go for the day if I can. I am willing to travel to ride. I just need to be back at night, since I have 2 little kids.

MIke

Carnegie web site:
www.ohv.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=1172

strnge
04-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Hollister looks better from what I have heard. I am on a local forum here in the Bay Area and they have posted photos of both Holliser and Carnegie.

Carnegie looks to be an open, baren, over ridden scrap of land from the photos. No trails or anything at all. Just an open hillside and nothing else.

sdyme1995
04-27-2007, 04:35 PM
Im from the east bay(Walnut Creek) and Hollister is way better than Carnige. I ride both alot but Hollister is a littler further for me so I ride both.

Im waiting for some of the snow to melt off to go riding up around tahoe. Never been up ther for riding but i have been gathering trail info.

strnge
04-27-2007, 05:04 PM
I go to Tahoe every first week of August. The trail riding there is fantastic. I live in Hayward, and would love for someone to show me both places. Are you interested? P.M. if so.

Mike