PDA

View Full Version : 2007 DRX2 90 exhaust problem.

riding4fun
03-21-2007, 09:12 PM
Hey everybody,

There seems to be a problem with this new exhaust pipe. Like I previously said my exhaust pipe broke and I assumed when it broke it burnt the hole in the battery tray.

I sent a email to DRR with a photo attached. I received a reply from a worker that said they have a fix for "that" and he would send me spacers. Not knowing what the spacers are for I replied and asked.

Now without this guy knowing my true problem, he knew the pipe was too close on the 90 and they had had problems. Hence the spacers to move the body away.

So when I got home I checked the RED plastics that I replaced and sure enough there was a melted area that I could see through. Pipe was not broke at this time

The message is for anybody that has the new DRX 2 90 with the new pipe you might want to look underneath at the battery tray or take the battery out and look at the bottom.

Sorry this is soo long I'm just bummed out

Darrell.

forgiven
03-21-2007, 10:49 PM
Almost like a custom heatshield needs to be installed to absorb the heat. I think even with heat tape you would still torch the battery over time. An aluminum shroud placed properly would take care of the situation but without having one in front of me I don't know how it would be fabbed or if it could be fabbed.

bulldogfallon
03-22-2007, 07:16 AM
Sorry to hear of your problems......Sometimes things happen when changes are made to a model.

Be assured that you will be taken care of and the problem will be addressed.

No matter what the brand or product is, you will find issues with new product launches/upgrades and DRR will not hide anything.

They will be more focused on finding the solution and making it right by everyone.

Your feedback is valuable and will definately effect the production on the the newer models...

PM me if you need any help or replacement parts that you hve trouble locating.