PDA

View Full Version : Sponsors

esr250r86
03-21-2007, 04:34 PM
HI, I was wondering how some of you riders on this site get sponsored by companies like hiper, lonestar, powermadd,houser,etc. Do you have to request an application or do they just see you at the track and say they want to sponsor you if you are up to their standards. I would really like to get some sponsors so I can get discounts on some parts. I do have sponsors on sponsorhouse but how do you get sponsored by the bigger companies like I mentioned. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.:)

WheelieMan4
03-21-2007, 05:28 PM
Just write up a resume and a picture may help too...And send it to them in the mail or by email...thats all I do.

MO-EX-RIDER
03-21-2007, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by WheelieMan4
Just write up a resume and a picture may help too...And send it to them in the mail or by email...thats all I do.

be sure to be professional about it and make sure to send it when the company is accepting resumes

esr250r86
03-21-2007, 06:21 PM
And how do I know if they will be accepting resumes? Does anyone have a sample of one?

firefighterjosh
03-21-2007, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by esr250r86
And how do I know if they will be accepting resumes? Does anyone have a sample of one?

I just went through a dirt wheel magazine and looked at all the companies I wanted to try to get sponsors from. then I made a resume sent a few pics and what I was wanting to get out of this year.

I google each company for some sort of email address and emailed it to them.

They will respond to you sometimes it take s awhile though.

Make sure you save there email address.

I emailed all my sponsors photos and my race schedule at the beggining of the year.

Then I email them after every race with pics and how I did.

One_Bad_400
03-21-2007, 11:36 PM
contact the company you want to be sponsored by and find out exactly what they want, and like mentioned about find out when they're accepting resumes

QuadJunkies
03-22-2007, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
, and like mentioned about find out when they're accepting resumes

And lot of them have already taken them for the season already.
Some do support threwout the year though.
Best is to look at there websites. Alot of them have the info there.

Make your resume and portfoilo professional, basically like as if you was looking for a job. You want good quality photos,maybe even a CD of your racing and sponors like to know what YOU can do for them and why you feel you should be chosen.
Sponsors like winners, but they also like riders who they feel will be a value to them and there products.Afterall, YOU are represtening them and there products....
To me its alot like applying for that job you really want and you want to gain the comanpanies interest in you.
Hope that helps some.