PDA

View Full Version : Glamis, CA March 23rd thru 25th

trxsandman
03-21-2007, 01:49 PM
I will be travling to the Dunes this weekend. Just curious to see if anyone from the website will be out there. I'll be camping at the Gecko Campground. Look for a 14ft Black Toyhauler. I doubt you will run across any other toyhaulers like mine out there. It would be cool to meet up with some other peeps from this website.

250r4life
03-21-2007, 06:00 PM
im supposed to be going, but chances are i will be at gordons well... glamis is a possibility though...

trxsandman
03-22-2007, 12:04 AM
Well I'll be at Gecko so if you decide to stop by you will be greated with a beer. LOL

250r4life
03-22-2007, 10:36 PM
i think gpracer and i are going to meet up at the dunes this weekend... the verdict is still out on gordons well or glamis though...

250r4life
03-26-2007, 05:15 PM
we actually ended up going to buttercup... GPracer met up with us for a killer day of riding...

how was glamis?

esr250r86
03-26-2007, 05:27 PM
I might be out there just hanging out. It is getting really hot here at the dunes. But I dont care just bring extra water!

trxsandman
03-28-2007, 11:41 AM
Glamis was great this past weekend. I actually got out there late Thursday/Friday. We rode all day Friday in the rain, All day Saturday in the Southern Section, and then finished up Sunday by checking out all the hills. I ended up leaving Sunday around 7:00PM PST. All I can say is it was an awesome weekend. I'll be back out there on the weekend of April 13th - 15th. Same spot more than likely. We ended up on Pad 5 about a 1/2 mile south of the Gecko Campground.

z400roosteR
03-28-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
we actually ended up going to buttercup... GPracer met up with us for a killer day of riding...

how was glamis?
How far away from the "glamis" dunes are you? And how often do you go?

250r4life
03-28-2007, 02:40 PM
im a little over 200 miles away from the imperial sand dunes (glamis)...

i think this season (october-now) i went 11 trips... i would have gotten in 13, but i got the flu one weekend and my buddies wife got the flu another...

250r4life
03-28-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by trxsandman
Glamis was great this past weekend. I actually got out there late Thursday/Friday. We rode all day Friday in the rain, All day Saturday in the Southern Section, and then finished up Sunday by checking out all the hills. I ended up leaving Sunday around 7:00PM PST. All I can say is it was an awesome weekend. I'll be back out there on the weekend of April 13th - 15th. Same spot more than likely. We ended up on Pad 5 about a 1/2 mile south of the Gecko Campground.

it was a good weekend to be there...

i dunno man- the weather report shows its gunna be pretty dang hot mid way through april...

z400roosteR
03-29-2007, 02:45 PM
im a little over 200 miles away from the imperial sand dunes (glamis)...

i think this season (october-now) i went 11 trips...
<~~~Jealous:devil:

I'm about 190miles from Florence and then it's like 15miles between the next two (winchester and Coos) but it's a ***** driving that far with the F250, i really need to get a smaller truck. 11 miles to the gallon doesn't cut it:mad:

250r4life
03-29-2007, 05:20 PM
yah... gas prices suck...

however, with two quads on my rack and pulling my travel trailer, i still get a little over 11mpg, so gas usually comes to a little under $100, split among two people so its not too bad...

my group was supposed to make a trip up to the oregon dunes this summer, but it doesnt look like it is going to happen anymore...

z400roosteR
04-01-2007, 03:40 AM
yah... gas prices suck...

however, with two quads on my rack and pulling my travel trailer, i still get a little over 11mpg, so gas usually comes to a little under $100, split among two people so its not too bad...

my group was supposed to make a trip up to the oregon dunes this summer, but it doesnt look like it is going to happen anymore...
If your ever up this way give me a holler, i'll put a face to the infamous name:devil: Get some riding in.

250r4life
04-02-2007, 04:23 PM
yah... im not sure when i will make it up to oregon now...

i've seen pics of the dunes there and really want to go, but we'll see when it happens... my buddy is going to be building his house, so im sure lots of our time is going to be spent working on it for the next 6 months to a year...

it was fun to meet up and ride with GPracer a week ago... not only good to put a face with a name, but good to put a riding ability with what is being written on here... i would love to meet a lot more of the people on here...