PDA

View Full Version : Jetting or Carborator

jenna400ex
03-21-2007, 01:22 AM
I had to send my pipe to HMF and have a new sleeve put on it. I had my stock pipe on and when I got my HMF back I put it on before the race. When I pulled out on the hole shot my 4w wouldn't go and died twice! Before the Mid-East race I installed a smaller front sprocket so I could pull out in second instead of first. Well my fourwheeler died again! I just installed my kill switch and was fiddling with my throttle and I think the jetting is messed up. With the motor warm, I can push the throttle (fast) all the way in and it doesn't rev up and sometimes dies. If I push the throttle (fast) about a forth to a half of the way in it will rev up and not die. Is the jetting cause this or does the Carburetor need to be cleaned? I've not cleaned the carborator and I've had the 4w a year and a half. Hmmmm :confused:

03-21-2007, 08:08 AM
sounds like your needle fell out...meaning those 2 screws that hold the needle to the slide came loose and the needle is just flopping around, not doing its job...

jenna400ex
03-21-2007, 01:54 PM
The needle in the carb?

Honda#4
03-21-2007, 02:13 PM
I would totally go through your carb to see if anything else got tweaked, but I have to agree with speedyquad it does sound like your needle fell out, it sounds like an uncommon thing but it happens.