PDA

View Full Version : need help with K&N bolt...need it by this weekend

quadwanter
03-20-2007, 06:49 PM
My bolt (that goes into the poll thing) is missing...*cough*fellout*cough*...does anyone know the demensions of this bolt? yah im sure someone will say just go buy a whole bunch from the hardware store..one will fit...but im sure someone has a K&N that can measure the diamater and see if its a course or fine thread....any help is extremely appreciated. thanks

pro-rider46
03-20-2007, 07:49 PM
dont worry about it just make sure that the hose clamp is on it and tight

my entire filter stay totally broke off

quadwanter
03-20-2007, 08:02 PM
yeah i wouldnt worry if i didnt have the past experience of doing that and went riding only to find my filter at the bottom of my airbox after a day of riding in the sand flats. That clamp isnt suposed to hold all of that weight like that shaft is. I'll probably just get the 'ol ducktape out use that...then buy a UNI. :scary:

pro-rider46
03-20-2007, 08:06 PM
you mean to tell me that it fell off

then you didnt tighten the hose clamp enough! i have rode mine like this for months and hitting jumps and it never falls off

quadwanter
03-21-2007, 12:11 AM
im not a retard...i know how to tighten something...yes it was pushed it all the way and as tight as i could get it...thus i will buy a UNI soon because it feel off and i dont trust it. :)

rlplive
03-22-2007, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by quadwanter
im not a retard...i know how to tighten something...yes it was pushed it all the way and as tight as i could get it...thus i will buy a UNI soon because it feel off and i dont trust it. :)
I know what you mean man, I had mine tight as hell and mine did the same thing. I don't run the screw in the back anymore.

gbcap
03-22-2007, 11:56 AM
i woudln't worry about the rear side of it. my uni or kandn didn't even have one. tighten the hose clamp and go to town.

TCSMotorsports
03-22-2007, 07:40 PM
I do believe it is a 5mm screw and about a 16-20 mm length. I would run it because it gives you extra insurance that your filter won't fall off.