PDA

View Full Version : big bore question

terribleone28
10-06-2002, 07:56 PM
· This kit includes all the necessary parts needed to increase your
engines displacement to the largest reliable engine size.
· This kit has been proven through the rigors of competition to be
reliable and offer an impressive power increase
· Kit includes an 88.5mm piston kit, big bore sleeve as well as the
head and base gasket
· 11:1 compression ratio
· Engine displacement is increased to 440cc
· Professional bore and sleeve installation is required

terribleone28
10-06-2002, 07:58 PM
· This kit includes all the necessary parts needed to increase your
engines displacement to the largest reliable engine size.
· This kit has been proven through the rigors of competition to be
reliable and offer an impressive power increase
· Kit includes an 88.5mm piston kit, big bore sleeve as well as the
head and base gasket
· 11:1 compression ratio
· Engine displacement is increased to 440cc
· Professional bore and sleeve installation is required

sorry i screwed up trying to post this the 1st time.....But i was wondering if this was all i needed to turn my 400 into a 440 or if i need some other stuff for it to run correct? If i do need other stuff what is it? and how much $$ will it cost me

Thanks

honda400exrider
10-06-2002, 08:08 PM
i think around 300-400, but im not sure. a 440 alone wont be very impressive, i wud reccomend saving a little more and getting a cam and port and polish done also..

eldoexrider01
10-06-2002, 08:31 PM
yeah dont forget to price the install. i know around here the sleeve pressin gets high since not very many people do it.

10-07-2002, 03:00 AM
Castor just seems like about this time of day there are only a meere talented few with just enough sarcasm and wit to makes things interesting and not appear to be flaming out of control.

Dont worry yourself any I am sure its all in fun :)

To answer the orig question in this thread check out the following: Ex tech's ask micky dunlap q&a and search the thread titled "have you decked the cylinder" these two should get your mental wheels spinning.

Talk to you after you check those out and you have all those new questions you will have after getting the new info.

Both the above are great for info on the 440 and its probs, but a few things have changed slightly with the newer "kits" so if you have the $$ and decide on the right one you can save a little work.