View Full Version : What the heck?!

xben719
03-20-2007, 06:10 PM
My 400 will start when it has sat for awhile and then it will idle for like a minute or two. Then all of a sudden it turns off like I turned it off and it won't start for like a couple of hours. And of course it dies again. HELP! I am getting very frustrated battery is good, fresh gas, fresh spark plug, even a new ignition coil. All the wiring looks fine and it ran fine before I put it away for winter.

honda400ex01aca
03-20-2007, 06:15 PM
it could be your sator or there mite be some water in your carb witch i dont think thats your problem but you should test the wires again. my 400ex only has about 10 good starts before my battery goes dead not sure what that could be but mine dosent die out

honda300EXtreme
03-20-2007, 06:15 PM
i would clean the carb and make sure the fuel line is not getting pinches and make sure your vent tube is not clogged, it seems like your bike is starving its self out the starting after the fuel slowly refills the carb.

it best to start with the basics

hornetgod13
03-20-2007, 09:15 PM
Another member had a similar problem a month ago and it ended up being the fuel tank petcock that controls the fuel from the tank (ON, RESERVE, OFF) valve. Pull the line off the carb and see if you're getting good flow from the tank.

wells2539
03-20-2007, 09:33 PM
my 400ex does the same thing its probably your petcock [on/off/reserve]. like hornetgod13 said!. leave it on reserve, if it runs fine u probably need a new one & Clean your line