PDA

View Full Version : stock feul mixture setting

bigorangehmf
03-20-2007, 12:56 PM
Can anybody help with this. I am running a 160 and i think i am about 2 1/2 turns out. i am at sea level. I can smell gas after i have been running wot

drzoo2
03-20-2007, 01:35 PM
Not sure what your asking. The stock air screw setting is 2.25 turns if thats what you want.

Chances are if you can smell gas your floats are stuck.
z

bigorangehmf
03-20-2007, 02:14 PM
It seems like i am running rich. I want to lean the mixture. I am not sure how to lean with a 160 main jet. I have not change any other jets in the carb.

drzoo2
03-20-2007, 02:28 PM
Need to know all your mods to help. I'm assuming by your name you have an HMF slipon. Airbox lid on or off? Any motor Mods? Need all this info to help.

Needless to day if you have a few mods your jetting sounds close. You wouldn't smell gas...it just wouldn't run right. If your smelling gas it's probably leaking from stuck floats out of the over flow. Has your gas mileage been sucking lately?

z

bigorangehmf
03-21-2007, 06:35 AM
Full hfm system air lid off with k&n filter with outwear cover for lid and filter. no motor modifications. My gas mileage have been bad i rode for about 2hours on and off and i had to switch to reserve

drzoo2
03-21-2007, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by bigorangehmf
Full hfm system air lid off with k&n filter with outwear cover for lid and filter. no motor modifications. My gas mileage have been bad i rode for about 2hours on and off and i had to switch to reserve

Take the bottom of the bowl off your carb. There is probably dirt in your needle and seat. I really don't think this has anything to do with jetting.

z

bigorangehmf
03-21-2007, 09:16 AM
I removed my crab. and cleaned it. I also went in .25 of a turn clockwise. after doing that I could not keep it on the ground first thur thrid gear. Its ran very strong.