PDA

View Full Version : drz valve springs

Defiant1585
03-20-2007, 11:58 AM
what springs are you guys runnin in your motors with diffrent cams? i want to get some stiffer springs like the drz springs , are all the springs compatible like a 04 drz and my 04 ltz any help would be appreciated

BigAL90
03-20-2007, 07:30 PM
yah i was wondering that too i can't decide between the kibblewhite valve spring kit and the drz springs?

Defiant1585
03-20-2007, 08:10 PM
also the cam chain delema i want a "heavy duty" chain and DID makes two chains a 3/4 pitch witch i assume is a stock replacement, and then there is a 4/5 "heavy duty" and it says it is wider so i am wondering what other mods am i goin to have to do to the motor to make it work? also what other opptions do i have and any one try the manual cam chain adjuster? whats the deal with those

indyZrider
03-21-2007, 07:40 AM
buy the kibble valves and the drze springs. the drze springs are dual rate and work great. the reason you need dual rate springs is for the over rev when you add a cdi box that raises your rev curve. the cams wont bother the springs really. as for the cam chains you are right is saying the 3/4 is stock replacement but the did chain is way better quality than the stocker. you don need the 4/5 chain unless your running high compression or your up in the 455-470cc area. the manual chain adjusters are a good idea if you know what youre doing. just be sure and dont overtighten your cam chain, youll just stretch it out faster.

Defiant1585
03-25-2007, 05:58 PM
i just ordered the springs will i need to get the retainer clips (i think thats what they are) or will my stock z ones work also i ordered the springs from a 04 because mine is a 04 is that right?