PDA

View Full Version : Help with 426 rebuild

CGriff
03-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Hey there guys I just bought a Hotcams stg 1 cam for my 03 400ex and I am looking at the different compression rassios with the 426 bigbore kits. I dont really know much about compression but I have seen posts tat talk about running only race fuel if you go 13-1(?) so my question for you guys is what you recomend I go with for compression. I do mostly trail and pit riding and lots of hill climbs. I love the bottom end power I had when I dropped my front tooth sprocket one size down from stock but I miss my top end speed twrribly and thats why I am putting this kit in, so that I can get my top speed back and hopefully keep the bottom end grunt for my hill climbs. If anyone has any advice as to other things I should replace while im in there like internal bearings or rods or w/e then plz let me know. My biggest fear is to take it out after the rebuild and break one of the stock parts inside because of the extra stress the after market parts added to the engine.
CGriff

monstergt88
03-20-2007, 12:00 PM
If i were you i would go with the 11:1 compression. Its more reliable then the 13. Plus you can run off of 93 instead of 110 octane.

underpowered
03-20-2007, 02:17 PM
i would run 11:1 compression. HD studs, aftermarket Rod, stage 2 cam, HD cam chain. put it back to stock gearing as well. i have more than enough low end on my 426 even with 16/39 gearing. plenty of top end to. a a carb and port an polish really wakes it up to.