PDA

View Full Version : The Definition of Cool. Please take a look (2 Free Stickers!)

Ralph
03-20-2007, 09:55 AM
NO MORE RESPONSES NEEDED. Thanks to everyone who helped me out.

Im writting a research paper on the definition of Cool. Yeah. I know its a dumb subject but you gotta do as your told.

Anyway. I gotta Interview several people on what they believe the definition of "Cool" is. (Think the Fonz. Not the temperature :blah: )

If you could please give some short answers to the following questions. Im gonna send 2 of the Small ATVRiders.com Stickers to 2 people with great responses posted. Also, please don't use a Webster or another dictionary's definition.

[Tip: 450r is not a good answer. Put a little thought into it]

NO MORE RESPONSES NEEDED.

Name:

1. Cool is _______

2. Cool is not __________

3. Cool as an attitude is __________

4. Cool as an object is ___________

5. Is Cool a word mainly used to describe men or masculine objects? Why or Why not?

ATV Chic
03-20-2007, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
Im writting a research paper on the definition of Cool. Yeah. I know its a dumb subject but you gotta do as your told.

Anyway. I gotta Interview several people on what they believe the definition of "Cool" is. (Think the Fonz. Not the temperature :blah: )

If you could please give some short answers to the following questions. Im gonna send 2 of the Small ATVRiders.com Stickers to 2 people with great responses posted by 3 o'clock today.

Name:

1. Cool is _______

2. Cool is not __________

3. Cool as an attitude is __________

4. Cool as an object is ___________

5. Is Cool a word mainly a word used to describe men? Why or Why not?

1. Cool is a matter of being "in" with the latest style...trendy

2. Cool is not wearing a mullett

3. Cool as an attitude is having the utmost confidence in your self and showing it to the world

4.Cool as an object is having the knowledge of the latest in technology, trends, electronics, etc.

5. It can be for both but i think it is more gender specific to men, because they use it more often in their language i think

Hope this is what you're looking for :p

Ralph
03-20-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by sexyatvchic
1. Cool is a matter of being "in" with the latest style...trendy

2. Cool is not wearing a mullett

3. Cool as an attitude is having the utmost confidence in your self and showing it to the world

4.Cool as an object is having the knowledge of the latest in technology, trends, electronics, etc.

5. It can be for both but i think it is more gender specific to men, because they use it more often in their language i think

Hope this is what you're looking for :p

EXACTLY! Now i just need your name and location. I'm assuming your a girl.

C'mon people. All my friends at school are remedial and couldn't form a sentence if their life depended on it. It just takes a minute of your time.

03-20-2007, 10:30 AM
Name:timothy rodgers
Male Or Female: Male

1. Cool is a positive, confident attitude

2. Cool is not being pushy, mean, or ignorant towards others

3. Cool as an attitude is positive laid back and relaxed

4. Cool as an object is being up on all the latest rends, even if you don't happen to like them

5. Is Cool a word mainly a word used to describe men? Why or Why not? it is def. used more to describe men. the reason being is that women deserve a classier moiker than cool. women are sxy, sophisticated, and, to use the word again, classy. men have class also, but it is different, men are suave.

troyleepred719
03-20-2007, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Ralph

If you could please give some short answers to the following questions. Im gonna send 2 of the Small ATVRiders.com Stickers to 2 people with great responses posted by 3 o'clock today.

Name: Josh Hays
Male Or Female: male

1. Cool is: A word used to describe poeple of odinary decent. In other words, those that are the definition of ordinary. When you are "cool", you are the epitamy of an ordinary person. Although, cool can also be used to describe something that is unique. IE: A cool quad, is one that looks like no others.

2. Cool is not: How people who dont care what others think are considered. in order for someone to be cool, they must put others down, to bring up there own self esteem.

3. Cool as an attitude is: Although it could mean, badass hard core partier, that doesnt care about anything, it should mean, someone who gets along with everyone, making sure to be neutral in all feelings with others.
4. Cool as an object is: A lizard. It changes with its environment, but always comes back to its true colors.

5. Is Cool a word mainly a word used to describe men? Why or Why not? I would say so. Although women can be cool too, cool is more of a word used to describe guys. Its not really a sexist thing, I just think that women have there own words that they use.

Ralph
03-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Very Good guys. I will definitely be sending some stickers out. If i keep getting good ones. Maybe ill send some to more than two people.

Keep em coming please:)

yellowzo3
03-20-2007, 11:14 AM
Name: Jason
Male or Female: Male

1. Cool is being yourself and not following the crowd. Someone who shows respect for people whether they agree with them or not is cool. Cool is having people like you for who you are and not having to act tough or put on a show for anyone.

2. Cool is not trying to be the toughest kid in school and acting like you are better than anyone else. Cool isnt showing off or putting other people down.

3. Cool as an attitude is laid back and patient. Someone with a cool attitude listens to others before making assumptions and doesnt try to be a hero in a given situation.

4. Cool as an object is something unique, reliable, well thought out, and accomplishes its job well. it doesnt have to be overly complicated as long as its a quality product.

5. I think cool is a word used to describe both men and women. I'd think women would use it more when talking about other women then when a man uses it to describe a woman. Cool means accepted and welcome in a group, and men think of women as attractive rather than cool. so i think men use it when talking about other men and women use it when talking about other men and women.

Ralph
03-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Do you guys mind adding your ages too if you could??

Tommy 17
03-20-2007, 11:35 AM
i remember doin the same thing ralph... is this for english 15??

m.h.s.c.#527
03-20-2007, 11:35 AM

m.h.s.c.#527
03-20-2007, 11:37 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by m.h.s.c.#527
[B]1. Cool is being or liking whatever is very interesting and to your liking but also to other people

2. Cool is not things that are not very interesting and not to your liking and other people do not like

3. Cool as an attitude is generally thought of being the kid that
picks on people less fortunate than them or extremely good at sumthing whether be sport or social skills

4. Cool as an object can be anything

5. Is Cool a word mainly used to describe men or masculine objects? Why or Why not?

cool is used to say that u like it. men like their quads women like their purses generally and if u find a girl that likes quads shes a keeper

Ralph
03-20-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
i remember doin the same thing ralph... is this for english 15??

yeah, 5 page definition argument on the word cool. Id rather be in chem again. Oh wait. I AM!!!:mad:

coryatver
03-20-2007, 11:55 AM
I took eng15 we had to watch some old movie about that. The word cool isn't cool

troyleepred719
03-20-2007, 11:57 AM
Ralph, just thought I would add that I am 18 yrsold.

Ralph
03-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by m.h.s.c.#527
1. Cool is being or liking whatever is very interesting and to your liking but also to other people

2. Cool is not things that are not very interesting and not to your liking and other people do not like

3. Cool as an attitude is generally thought of being the kid that
picks on people less fortunate than them or extremely good at sumthing whether be sport or social skills

4. Cool as an object can be anything

cool is used to say that u like it. men like their quads women like their purses generally and if u find a girl that likes quads shes a keeper

brad harrell

Hey brad. I know this place is quite safe but it is still the internet open for all to see. I think you should not post your address on the forums for everyone to see. I will pm people who are going to receive stickers for their address so they dont have to post it publicly.

Ron89
03-20-2007, 12:23 PM
CAPS-LOCK IS AUTOPILOT FOR COOL

Ralph
03-20-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm all done now and don't need anymore. Thank you all very much.

Thanks a lot to everyone and the people who are getting stickers will have a pm in a few minutes.

I decided to pick troyleepred719 and speedyquads responses.

m.h.s.c.#527
03-20-2007, 08:00 PM

bwamos
03-21-2007, 09:45 AM
I know this is done.. but it would be pretty "cool" to keep it going to see what everyones opinions are. ;) We could add age for perspective.

1. Cool is confident

2. Cool is not arrogant

3. Cool as an attitude is quiet and confident. Always willing to help out. Going above and beyond for your fellow peers. Living with integrity. Cool is not quick to anger. Cool has no need to put down others as cool is confident. Cool elevates those around them, as cool becomes cooler as those around him are elevated in coolness.

4. Cool as an object is simple, sleek, and functional, yet pleasing to the eye, and generally made of metal alloys or space age composites.

5. Is Cool a word mainly used to describe men or masculine objects? Why or Why not? Yes. Cool is used more often by men and when talking about masculine things as men tend to be simplistic and direct in their approach on things. Women tend to be a little more conversational and descriptive. Where a male may say "I saw a ferrari today. It was really freaking cool." A woman may say, "I was walking down main street shoping and talking to one of my girlfriends about her life issues... (20 min sidetrack).. oh yea, we saw this cute little red sports car it had a horsie on the front of it. This old man got out of it with some 19 year old girl.. what a gold digging tramp. You know it made me really angry I felt like...."

Ralph
03-21-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by bwamos

5. Is Cool a word mainly used to describe men or masculine objects? Why or Why not? Yes. Cool is used more often by men and when talking about masculine things as men tend to be simplistic and direct in their approach on things. Women tend to be a little more conversational and descriptive. Where a male may say "I saw a ferrari today. It was really freaking cool." A woman may say, "I was walking down main street shoping and talking to one of my girlfriends about her life issues... (20 min sidetrack).. oh yea, we saw this cute little red sports car it had a horsie on the front of it. This old man got out of it with some 19 year old girl.. what a gold digging tramp. You know it made me really angry I felt like...."

Haha, nice. Feel free to keep going. Personally im sick of the subject because i still have to write 5 pages about it.