PDA

View Full Version : I am needing your prayers badly.

tim colston
03-20-2007, 07:16 AM
My best friend of 15 yrs is currently losing his battle to cancer. He is 31 yrs old and has just had is second child a week ago monday. Marcus worked his *** off for his family till the cancer wouldn't let him any longer. Hospice will be called sometime this week. Please keep him in your thoughts. Thank you.

Me and my buddy last night with his new baby boy.

tim colston
03-20-2007, 07:21 AM
This is him just a year ago.

cody anderson
03-20-2007, 08:23 AM
You got mine, bro...

outacontrol
03-20-2007, 08:24 AM
got my prayers bud!

rescue6
03-20-2007, 08:38 AM
Mine too

bwamos
03-20-2007, 09:00 AM
I'll say a prayer for him and his family right now..

tim colston
03-20-2007, 09:11 AM
Thank you all for your prayers

ATV Chic
03-20-2007, 09:20 AM
Sending one up now! Will keep him in my prayers too!

insaneracin2003
03-20-2007, 09:45 AM
Dayum tim,prayers will be sent out for him. I am extremely sorry to hear this. Schulz Family.:(

troyleepred719
03-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Im sorry to hear this. My father recently won his battle with cancer. I cant imagine what his family and him must be going through with a new baby. i admire you for having th strength to help our friend through this.

You have the prayers of me, and my family.

The Hays Family

QuadJunkies
03-20-2007, 11:33 AM
you got one from me too!
thats so tough, and a new Baby as well.. :(

81 clark racing
03-20-2007, 12:03 PM
got my prayers to bro

wykyd450R
03-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Extremely sad... Him and his family will be in my prayers. Good luck to you all. :(

97blaster200
03-20-2007, 12:52 PM
he'll be in my prayers tonight man....just think positive

awsomeaussies
03-20-2007, 12:56 PM
Just did one:(

suzukigirl
03-20-2007, 01:02 PM
got my prayers too:(

tim colston
03-20-2007, 01:06 PM
Thanks again for all of your thoughts and prayers. I will be showing marcus all of your responses and your support.

400EXtreme
03-20-2007, 01:57 PM
sure got mine

TRFOXX
03-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Marcus im praying for you! Your a good friend and will never forget the years we went deer hunting. Be strong and God will take care of you! Trent

trx400EXtreme
03-20-2007, 02:41 PM
u got mine man, i know how u feel.

Pappy
03-20-2007, 02:46 PM
my familys prayers and well wishes to him and his family and friends

WhiteYFZ
03-20-2007, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by 81 clark racing
got my prayers to bro

NacsMXer
03-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Just said a prayer right now for him. My thoughts go out to him and his family...:)

400EXTRA
03-20-2007, 03:32 PM
prayin right now.

ckasper18
03-20-2007, 03:36 PM
In my thoughts God bless

Doober
03-20-2007, 03:40 PM
I always hate to hear this, my father lost his battle with cancer 3 years ago, I know how it feels...hhim and his family have my prayers.

700bRad
03-20-2007, 04:15 PM
Just prayed for him. My grandma died from Barrets Esophagus cancer last year, roughest thing ive ever been through.

05Z400rdr
03-20-2007, 04:26 PM
you, marcus, and his family and friends have my prayers! God bless!

bulkdriverlp
03-20-2007, 08:00 PM
my grandma passed away 6yrs ago from lymphoma. i wish the best for your friend and his family.

CannondaleRider
03-20-2007, 09:48 PM
I wish the best for him also.

I'm also watching Cancer wither a close person away. My uncle has Cancer, can't remember where it originated, but it's spread from head to toe now :ermm:

ZeroLogic
03-20-2007, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by sexyatvchic
Sending one up now! Will keep him in my prayers too!

JMann2380
03-20-2007, 10:28 PM
Man, this stuff hits me so hard, I lost my girlfriend of 5 years, 5 months ago to a blood clot.

My prayers are not only with him, but his wife and kids. I can't imagine what she is going through just having a baby. So sad to see this...

rYan01400EX
03-20-2007, 10:34 PM
It's enough to bring me to my knees. Having plenty of expiriences with family members who have fought and lost or won against cancer - I know how hard it is. God Bless and I'll send a prayer up aswell.

Ryan

jrspawn
03-20-2007, 10:49 PM
He and his family are in my prayers and thoughts. If there is anything that we can do to help, please let us know.

Thank you
Justin

CBRSLIDER
03-20-2007, 11:27 PM
God bless Marcus and his family. He and they will be in my prayers. I, myself, at age 34, am just starting my own battle with cancer and have a young family, so my heart aches for him and his family and what they are facing. Also Tim, you should be proud of yourself. Having a close friend by yourside during this tough time in Marcus' life has made things easier for him. Some of us don't say it much but it's tough to go this route alone.

God bless you all.

Ray

tim colston
03-21-2007, 07:16 AM
The look on Marcus' face when I showed him the responses was overwelming for him. To think people who didn't have any idea of his existance, til yesterday, are pulling for him Marcus got very emotional. Thanks to you all for your prayers. I know he isn't going to get better that is a fact of life that we have been dealing with for awhile, but to see him go peacfully and without pain is what I am hoping for.

I am deeply sadened to hear some of your stories about friends and family who have succumed to this terrible disease. It gives me hope to hear some of them have won. My mother won her battle with breast cancer and has been in remission (sp) for 10 yrs or so. So there is hope that someday we will find a cure for this disease. If there is a story that you want to write or a comment I am going to be with Marc tomorrow and will be showing him all of this thread again.

Thanks again.

TRFOXX Marcus said hello and he is looking forward to seeing you this year at deer camp. (I sure hope he gets this opportunity):( :( :(

TRFOXX
03-21-2007, 07:54 AM
Me too! Hope he can make it. Be strong Marcus! Cute baby by the way.

YFZ133
03-21-2007, 03:35 PM
with prayer & friends like u man anything is possible, i commend u for bein there when ur buddy needs u the most!!!!my prayers are with u guys!!! stay strong!!!

Ace Sixx
03-21-2007, 03:42 PM
Prayers sent. God bless.

krt400ex
03-21-2007, 04:30 PM
i will pray

esr250r86
03-21-2007, 04:35 PM
you got mine.

cbr929rr
03-21-2007, 04:59 PM
i will be praying for you, as i will be a dad for my first child in two months.

orca0294
03-21-2007, 06:07 PM
Hes in my prayers. My sister had a case of skin cancer (malenomia) proboly due to her excessive tanning but it was caught in its early stages and removed.

tim colston
03-22-2007, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by orca0294
Hes in my prayers. My sister had a case of skin cancer (malenomia) proboly due to her excessive tanning but it was caught in its early stages and removed.

Please tell her to keep and eye on it. Marcus' initial battle was malenoma and progressed the to everywhere. Glad you caught it in time.

Toadz400
03-22-2007, 10:30 AM
Him and his family will be in my prayers. Hopefully he'll fight it and turn out for the better, he definately deserves that much.

danLTR450
03-22-2007, 01:05 PM
This is one area that I great really upset with. :(

I'm so sorry that he and his family's are have to go throw this. I'll pray for them.

suzukiray
03-23-2007, 02:30 AM
Prayers said for you Marcus. For your wife & the rest of your family too. I don't know you or Tim but I really hope you have Jesus in your heart because if you do you WILL see your wife & kids again! I PROMISE you that! Hang in there Tim, you are a true friend & it will comfort Marcus to have you with him. I lost my Dad on the 21st of Feb last month & couldn't get there in time, but his best friend of over 50 years was by his side & I'm SURE it was easier for him & probably why he went peacefully, in his sleep. God loves you, Marcus, & He has a plan for you! Ray.

89'350RX
03-23-2007, 06:14 AM
prayers sent

tim colston
03-23-2007, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by suzukiray
Prayers said for you Marcus. For your wife & the rest of your family too. I don't know you or Tim but I really hope you have Jesus in your heart because if you do you WILL see your wife & kids again! I PROMISE you that! Hang in there Tim, you are a true friend & it will comfort Marcus to have you with him. I lost my Dad on the 21st of Feb last month & couldn't get there in time, but his best friend of over 50 years was by his side & I'm SURE it was easier for him & probably why he went peacefully, in his sleep. God loves you, Marcus, & He has a plan for you! Ray.

thank you ray. I am very sorry to hear about your father. I am taking every chance to see him I can. It is hard but I am glad I can help him through this time. Thanks so much for your comment it was a very heart felt statement.

JRP
03-23-2007, 08:22 AM
ive said a prayer every day since this thread has been posted.:) god bless

tim colston
03-23-2007, 08:24 AM
Thank you JRP he needs them all.

BIG REV.
03-23-2007, 03:20 PM
I will pray for him dude.

suzukiray
03-24-2007, 11:40 PM
Tim, Marcus & you are still being prayed for so don't think we have forgotten. Please tell Marcus people that have never even met him care very much. Ray.

Raptor68
03-25-2007, 03:56 PM
I am sorry to hear this. My uncle is also battling it and it is definitely not easy. I just sent up a prayer for your friend and his family.

suzukiray
03-26-2007, 06:14 PM
Lord I just ask you to please be with & comfort Marcus right now. Ease his pain Father & just help him not to worry. Lord, help him to just let go of his pain & worries and just give them all to you. Just be with him Lord & love on him & help him to feel your love And Presence there with him. Father ,I also ask you to strengthen and encourage Tim while he's going through this valley in his life and to help Tim to feel your Presence beside him too. Please just love on them both Lord and be with them. Thank you Father. In Jesus' name, Amen.

mat1977
03-26-2007, 07:07 PM
Stay strong, You will all be in me and families prayers.God bless

AtvMxRider
03-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Lord I just ask you to please be with & comfort Marcus right now. Ease his pain Father & just help him not to worry. Lord, help him to just let go of his pain & worries and just give them all to you. Just be with him Lord & love on him & help him to feel your love And Presence there with him. Father ,I also ask you to strengthen and encourage Tim while he's going through this valley in his life and to help Tim to feel your Presence beside him too. Please just love on them both Lord and be with them. Thank you Father. In Jesus' name, Amen.

tim colston
03-28-2007, 11:31 AM
UPDATE

As of today 3-28 Marcus has been given 1 week or less to live. Again I would like to thank all of you who have prayed for him and supported myself though this difficult time. Now I just hope God will take him sooner than later. Hospice is there full time and he is heavily medicated. Marcus always told me that he never wanted to be like he is now. Please keep his wife and young sons in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks again ATVRIDERS for your time and prayers

Tim

Here is a pic of him last year on his birthday. It seems like forever ago.

tim colston
03-28-2007, 11:32 AM
He always had an opinion on everything and was never afraid to express it.

QuadJunkies
03-28-2007, 11:44 AM
I am so sorry.
God Bless everyone :(

insaneracin2003
03-28-2007, 11:53 AM
I am very sorry to hear this Tim, fighting a battle that is not in your favor is extremely hard and sometimes you just can't win. He is fighting, and for that, he will be rewarded. The Lord will comfort him and his family and yours. My prayers are sent everynight for his family and freinds.
Tim, if you need anything,man,please let me know!!!
Schulz Family

tim colston
03-28-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003
I am very sorry to hear this Tim, fighting a battle that is not in your favor is extremely hard and sometimes you just can't win. He is fighting, and for that, he will be rewarded. The Lord will comfort him and his family and yours. My prayers are sent everynight for his family and freinds.
Tim, if you need anything,man,please let me know!!!
Schulz Family

Everyones comments and stories have helped tremedously. I look forward to reading them everyday. Thanks again for your kind words.

suzukigirl
03-28-2007, 04:50 PM
i am very sorry to hear this :(

ZeroLogic
03-28-2007, 04:55 PM
Good luck.:(

CBRSLIDER
03-28-2007, 05:48 PM
Tim, I am very sorry to hear about your friend. I will continue to keep Marcus and his family in my prayers. Your strength and courage in the face of such a sad event is very honarable. To have someone by his side not only during his good times but also his bad times, I believe, has helped not only Marcus but his family also.

I have tried to come back here almost daily to keep up on how Marcus was doing. It has been tough to follow someones tough struggle since I am in my own cancer struggle, but the kind words and strength from our members here, has been an inspiration. The ATVing community is a great community, and one that I am proud to be part of.

God bless you, Marcus, and his family.

Ray

TWISTED DINLI
03-28-2007, 09:19 PM
sorry to here this. he and his family will be in my prayers also.

tim colston
03-29-2007, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by CBRSLIDER
Tim, I am very sorry to hear about your friend. I will continue to keep Marcus and his family in my prayers. Your strength and courage in the face of such a sad event is very honarable. To have someone by his side not only during his good times but also his bad times, I believe, has helped not only Marcus but his family also.

I have tried to come back here almost daily to keep up on how Marcus was doing. It has been tough to follow someones tough struggle since I am in my own cancer struggle, but the kind words and strength from our members here, has been an inspiration. The ATVing community is a great community, and one that I am proud to be part of.

God bless you, Marcus, and his family.

Ray

I hope you win your battle Ray. I absolutly hate this disease. I went againg to see Marc last night, I hate to say it won't be long. His body is just shutting down. He still has his sense of humor and he is ok with death. I feel so much better about this situation, that he is aware of his time and is able to take advantage of it. It hasn't started affecting his mind yet but it has to be just days away. I read him the comments left for him and once again it hit him like a ton of bricks. He is just so thankful that so many people are thinking of him. I told him it was because he deserves it for being there for everyone else and being a great person. I am going back after work to catch a couple of hours with him and take advantage of the time left. Thanks again all and Ray, fight the good fight. Kick the **** out of this disease.

T/

suzukiray
03-29-2007, 10:39 AM
Marcus, God has a place already prepared for you & it will be a place filled with the most incredible love you could ever imagine. He will also surround your wife & kids with His love & protection so you won't have to worry about them. You have a HUGELY, GREAT friend in Tim & I hope I am lucky enough in my lifetime to have a friend like him. Just rest & don't worry Marcus, God loves you & is ready to bring you home. Your wife & kids will be fine with God taking care of them. Hang in there Tim. Ray.

bombsquad54
03-29-2007, 08:38 PM
put him on a national prayer list at my church bro. . .

idro
03-29-2007, 10:36 PM
I hate this disease aswell. My friend just died of cancer at the age of 24.

My GF's dad's cancer just came back after lieing dormant(forgot the medical term for it) and he is having to go through radiation treatment 5/7 days of the week. He is so weak he cannot even walk up stairs from the doctor.

tim colston
03-30-2007, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by idro
I hate this disease aswell. My friend just died of cancer at the age of 24.

My GF's dad's cancer just came back after lieing dormant(forgot the medical term for it) and he is having to go through radiation treatment 5/7 days of the week. He is so weak he cannot even walk up stairs from the doctor.

That is terrible idro, tell him we are pulling for him.

TRFOXX
03-30-2007, 08:16 AM
Tim I went to church last Sunday and told the whole church about Marcus again for the 3rd time. The whole church was praying for him and his family and for you to be strong through out all this! Marcus we'll all miss you but you are going on to a much better place!!!! See you on the other side my friend!!!!!!!!!!

tim colston
03-30-2007, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by TRFOXX
Tim I went to church last Sunday and told the whole church about Marcus again for the 3rd time. The whole church was praying for him and his family and for you to be strong through out all this! Marcus we'll all miss you but you are going on to a much better place!!!! See you on the other side my friend!!!!!!!!!!

Well said Trent.

ATW55
03-31-2007, 04:32 PM
Just lost my cuzin to liver cancer he was a heavy drinker my prayers are with u God Luck and God Bless and remember MIRICALS HAPPEN my grandpa hand 3 mounths to live and that was 7 years ago

MX300ex
03-31-2007, 07:01 PM
good luck man! ull be in my thoughts and prayers

suzukiray
04-05-2007, 10:56 PM
Tim, we are still praying for Marcus. How are you & his family holding up? Let us know if you get a chance to log on. Ray.

BlaineKaiser450
04-05-2007, 11:11 PM
u got em bro

TMSmx47
04-06-2007, 06:30 AM
Your all in my prayers to man.. Good luck to everyone!

suzukiray
04-11-2007, 12:30 AM
Tim, how are you holding up man? Is Marcus still hanging on? There are still a LOT of us praying for him & his wife & you too. I hope you are ok & we'll keep praying until you tell us otherwise. Ray.

tim colston
04-11-2007, 06:28 AM
Well Marc is currently just breathing. I don't know why he is hanging around. I have told him to let go but there is some unfinished buisness in his mind. I walked in yesterday and he was unaware of who i was, which was heartbreaking. My Dad went with me and said his goodbyes to an otherwise lifeless body. I feel so bad for him right now. I just wish he would let go. I personally know Marcus never wanted to be a vegetable like this but there isn't a thing I can do about it. If I seem angry I am to a degree. Hospice is supposed to keep him comfortable and the nurses he has are ok but his is in great pain. I am now not allowed to touch him in anyway. THe whole thing is just so unfair. I know I keep saying a couple of days but I just don't see how he could keep battling much longer. As always keep him in your prayers and again I thank all of you sooo very much for your thoughts and concerns.

Thank You
TIM

Pappy
04-11-2007, 06:30 AM
hang tough Tim, and my prayers are with Marcus

Quad18star
04-11-2007, 08:18 AM
Our prayers are with you and his family .

660bigdaddy
04-11-2007, 09:02 AM
tim, you are a great friend. hang tough. i will pray for marcus...
you will be the one to tell his son how great his father is.

suzukiray
04-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Tim, a lot of people from my church & men's study are praying for Marcus & his family. We are also praying for YOU! Seek God in this Tim. Ask Him to give you strength & peace. Don't turn your back on God as He has a plan for you & reasons for ALL He does that we sometimes just can't understand. God is, and ALWAYS will be, there for you Tim, all you have to do is ask Him. Take care, Ray.

m.h.s.c.#527
04-11-2007, 07:02 PM
just prayed one of my buddys brother is in 8th grade hes fightin it and theyll find out soon if he'll make it just goes to show his dads in the army been to iraq 2 times this war and once in desert storm his mom is on the school board hid dad is running for city council just a greeat family not to mind these kids are adopted I dont understant why it cant happen to sum worthless drugg attic

rcer450r
04-11-2007, 07:32 PM
You have all my prayers and thoughts man. Let him know that we are prayin for him.

1FST/R
04-11-2007, 07:36 PM
our prayers are with you and your freinds family

tim colston
04-13-2007, 06:21 AM
Well I got the call yesterday at 8:30 am to come to Marcus' bedside for the last time. I arrived @ 9:00 am to his house from work and sat with him for nearly two hours. I made a promise to him a long time ago to be there when he passes. Well his breathing was shallow and his lungs were filled up with fluid. Marcus died yesterday at 11:30 and went peacefully. I would like to thank all of you who posted comments and prayed for Marcus and his family. Yesterday was really hard but I feel better that I was holding his hand when he took his last breath. He fought a good fight and it was his time. Ironically he died 8 months to the day he had is stroke in southern ohio. He was a good man. THank you all.

Suzuki ray.

You have been very helpful through this whole time. I thank you for that and all of your inspiring words. Marcus is in a better place now.

Thank you all.

Tim

Toadz400
04-13-2007, 09:16 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that. At least now he's in a better place with absolutely no pain at all. The Lord will take care of his family and you. At least he was lucky enough to have such a great best friend like you, I'm sure he was very thankful for that and at least he got to see his child born.

tim colston
04-13-2007, 09:24 AM
Your right Toadz we/he should be thankful for the time we had with him. He is def. in a better place.

QuadJunkies
04-13-2007, 10:54 AM
God Bless.

bwamos
04-13-2007, 11:41 AM
I'll keep his family in my prayers.

It's sad that people have to deal with it, but during the time of mourning there will most likley be legal issues to deal with regarding property/finances. I will be praying that those issues go very smoothly so they can have a good healthy mourning.

He was no doubt a great man, you can tell that just from the pictures. I have very little doubt he's anywhere other than sitting with the lord telling some great fishing stories. ;). (I bet Jesus has some great ones of his own, lol)

May God Bless you and your family for you being such a great friend.

Honda TRX250ex
04-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by cody anderson
You got mine, bro...

Splatter Matter
04-13-2007, 04:09 PM
God Bless you and your family

Quad18star
04-13-2007, 04:29 PM
Stay strong ... and know that he is now in a better place looking over his family , his friends and all those that cared about him .

sly400ex
04-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Hang in there, I'm sure he knew up until the last moment and beyond what a close friend you are!

suzukiray
04-13-2007, 06:24 PM
Tim, my heart & prayers go out to you & I KNOW you are hurting but I am glad you were there with Marcus when he finally let go. I am sure God made it so you could be there at the time. Please KNOW that if you ever need to talk I would be glad to hear from you & maybe listen to some of the stories you have about your friend. You will always miss him but find peace in knowing Marcus is surrounded by the most incredible LOVE we can't even imagine! God is good, Tim, & He put you in Marcus' life for a reason. Hang in there & KNOW in your heart that you can see him again someday! If you want to, I can be reached at 714-356-7845. GODSPEED Marcus, you have touched lives you never even knew! Sincerely, Ray Rains.

400ftm
04-13-2007, 06:24 PM
prayers for you and his family

gilliam2364
04-13-2007, 08:51 PM
i didnt reply to any of your post, but i followed what was going on and i prayed for you and your friend. i will keep praying for his family to make this a celebration of his life and not the death of a wonderful man.

ZeroLogic
04-13-2007, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
God Bless.

R.I.P:(

suzukigirl
04-13-2007, 11:25 PM
sorry to hear this...but at least he is no longer in pain..R.I.P :(

insaneracin2003
04-13-2007, 11:53 PM
Sorry to hear this Tim, Marcus is under the lords angels wings now and will always be protected from any more pain. I still pray for you guys that everything will work out smoothly.
R.I.P. Marcus

CBRSLIDER
04-15-2007, 05:45 PM
Tim, I extend my deepest sympath to you and Marcus' family. My heart aches to hear of your loss. He is in a beautiful place now where he is no longer in pain. The pain of mourning is sometimes overwhelming but find comfort in the fact that you made his life easier for him and his family. Also take comfort in the fact that you have taught others here that standing by the side of a friend in the face of death is a very honorable and noble thing. True friendship is a very valuable thing and you have exemplified what a true friend is with Marcus. Unfortunately that is not always the most important thing in our society today, as so many look out for number one and never look out for anyone else.

I told my 4yo son about Marcus passing away and he was sad he never met him but continues to pray for him every night. We are mourning your loss with you. God bless you and Marcus' family.

Ray

Raptor68
04-15-2007, 07:09 PM
Sorry to hear this. At least you could be with him when he passed and i'm sure he is in a better place now. God Bless!

diangelo#67
04-15-2007, 07:16 PM
my famileis prayers are with you my friend

1FST/R
04-15-2007, 09:02 PM
Our prayers are with you and your friends family . I know what you were dealing with over the last year. It is difficult but it will get easier as time goes on. Just remember he is in a better place and that he will never suffer any pain ever again.

tim colston
04-16-2007, 06:47 AM
Thank you all again. This is so nice to be able to read all of your sincere (sp) comments. Words cannot say how much I apprirciate the things people have said. The pm's I got offering help or just a listening ear. It is very very uncommon to find a person like Marcus and for him to be cut short is unfortunate, but I would take 15 yrs vs. none at all. He is in a better place now and I am also glad he is out of pain. Thanks again all so much.

CBRSLIDER and insanerancin. All of your pm's ment a bunch thanks. And to anyone else I may have missed I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Tim

4punksdad
04-19-2007, 01:51 AM
I just saw this thread. I am truely sorry for your loss. Keep your chin up.