PDA

View Full Version : how wrong is this?

missmyyfz
03-20-2007, 02:24 AM
my parents bought me n my bro each a 2005 yfz, i blew mine up 2 times in 3 months during which time the dealership we had bought it from sold out so we had to find a new dealer... we found one.. Mike Boons powersports of Neillsville wisconsin... and took it over to him... it was under warranty and being form a small town we didnt put insurance on it because we didnt have to worry about things like it getting stolen, but thats just what happened while it was in Mike boon's lot and he refuses to pay for it... i know it happened in august 05 during which time we have seen several lawyers all said we couldnt do anything about it... idk about you but that is effed up and so we r out 7K!!

03-20-2007, 05:34 AM
that sucks...it seems to me that if it were on their property for maintenance, it would be theri responsibility. their insurance should cover it...

does your state require insurance on quads?

missmyyfz
03-20-2007, 10:34 AM
not that im aware of cause we didnt have insurance... we were gonna wait until the warranty was up to get insurance

mxquadracer
03-22-2007, 04:30 PM
If he pursued his insurance company they would likely cover the cost, I know my home-owners covers ATV theft.

missmyyfz
03-22-2007, 05:01 PM
his loss was less than his deductible so he wants us to pay the 1K deductible which is BS!!

mxquadracer
03-22-2007, 09:45 PM
I'd be calling both my lawyer and the BBB

gbcap
03-23-2007, 01:08 PM
bike shops are prolly just like auto shops. they are not responsible for damage or theft while on thier lot. if they were responsible for that stuff people would take bikes there with a small problem and then claim something is much worse when they get the bike back and try to make the shop pay for it.

looks like your out the bike...but it is NOT the shops fault and he shouldn't be responsible.

trickedyfz
03-23-2007, 05:27 PM
Ya definetly B.S. i would most definetly if you didn't get anything out of it or even use it to help you by spreading the word around your town and area people find that stuff out they are prob going to steer clear of his shop and prob hurt his business. Tell him you will tell peeps what happened and if he don't care then start telling people and hurt his business! i know how small towns are they aren't hard to get the word around.

pro-rider46
03-23-2007, 08:40 PM
man that royally sucks:mad: